CXXVIII

˜"*°• Imperial Majesty •°*"˜

"Lady Rashta, his majesty might not be able to return tomorrow."

The silver-nette was another slice away from fully cutting her steak when the Baron's words made her pause.

"What? Why not? Isn't today the Empress' birthday?"

She let out a small gasp as she looked at him in surprise.

"Why wouldn't he come back tomorrow?"

"That was the original plan..."

Baron Lant sighed, "His majesty is unwell. A man rushed here from the Villa to inform us."

The man didn't looked all too happy and Rashta felt her blood drain, suddenly feeling dreadful at what she heard.

"His majesty is unwell.....?"

Baron Lant noticed that worrisome expression of hers and began trying to ease her concerns.

"Oops— It's nothing serious. There's no need to worry."

But his reassurance didn't reassure her the least bit. As her mind began recalling the taunting words of the Viscount.

"I'm sure they will have a great time together."

The Baron's words faded out from her auditory senses. Was the Emperor really sick?

'Or are they just saying that so they can spend more time together?'

Did they merely made an excuse because they were desperate to get the Emperor and the Empress back together again?

What this all that witch's idea?

Rashta bit her the nail of her thumb as she inwardly scowled. She was sure that whatever was going, it was that witch (Y/n)'s fault.

But even if the Emperor really was sick, that's worrying too.

Just the thought of the Empress taking care of her lover, she feared that he might forget his feelings for her.

"Lady Rashta really loves the Emperor."

"Yes..."

She hesitated for a bit, before she spoke to the Baron. "Baron Lant, can Rashta go to the villa? Rashta wants to look after his majesty."

"!"

She fluttered her eyes at him, looking at him with a shy yet worried look. She was practically begging him to say yes.

But disappointment crashed upon her when he said, "Well... I'm very sorry, but it's not my place to grant your request."

"Oh..."

She looked down sadly, and the man felt his heart clenched at the sight. He wasn't used to seeing the concubine in such a sad mood.

He gave her smile and tried to cheer her up.

"But if their majesties need your help, they will send for you."

"I see..."

Rashta nodded her head nervously.

'That was......four days ago already.'

The silver-nette sat on the swing, her eyes were gazing at the ground with an obvious look of sadness in them.

Although the new that was brought today was a 'good' one, it didn't sounded too good for Rashta's liking.

She heard that Sovieshu's fever was not that serious and it still refused to subside. He was advised to stay for another week longer and that made Rashta's worry go worse.

'But the Emperor and Empress were not romantic even before I became a concubine.'

The feelings both monarchs held for each was merely of mutual respect to one another and even if that vile of a Nevivon Empress tried to help Navier earn his feelings— that wouldn't be possible.

The mistress wouldn't think that they'd be close all of a sudden.

She push herself and the swing swung a bit, she tried her best to calm herself down but Viscount Roteschu's threats about her 'baby' kept on bugging her.

And the fact that the Empress was possibly trying to steal her man was the cherry on top of her anxiety.

She gripped the ropes of the swing, she didn't like this. Things weren't supposed to go like this.

It was then something or rather someone, tug the rope on one of the sides of the swing and a voice beside her— broke her out of her thoughts.

"My dear, you haven't been looking good lately. Are you alright?"

She turned to stare at him before returning her gaze to the ground, "No."

"What's wrong? Is it because the Emperor is sick?"

He bend slightly towards her with a hand on his hip as he asked.

"That's one of the reasons. I also feel sorry for the Empress and her majesty, Empress (Y/n)."

Duke Ergi perked up at the mention of the name and stared at her with a puzzled expression.

"What about their majesties all of a sudden?"

"The Emperor's unwell, but it's the Empresses who are staying in the villa to nurse him. Even when it's fine for them to come back and Empress (Y/n) might be helping Empress Navier to win back the Emperor...

"?"

"But even if they did that, the Emperor will constantly still be thinking of Rashta while he's ill... Because of that Rashta feels uncomfortable."

Her expression was sullen as she spoke and it was because of that that the Duke let out a snort.

"Pfft!"

It was because of him that her eyes widened as she avert her attention towards him. The dirty blond haired man laughed and it Rashta look at him confusedly.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Ah, sorry. But it's a very obvious lie, Miss." He snickered.

"No. Tch. I was being serious." She pouted, giving him a frown.

"Unfortunately for you, I'm well-versed when it comes to the matters of the heart." He smirked, while shooting her a playful wink.

"But no matter, that was pretty cute of you just now. Haha." He chuckled to which she let out a small 'hmph'.

"It seems you are worried that the Emperor and the Empress will become close again with the help of Empress (Y/n)."

"!"

Her face flushed red as the Duke had caught the real reason of her worries. He slyly smirk, beginning to lean close to her face.

"Then, what if you do this?"

"?"

She tilted her head at him, Duke Ergi leaned closer to her ear a whispered something.

"..."

He then pulled away from her with his smirk never leaving his face.

She about to ask him why he would say such a thing, a deep masculine voice suddenly spoke up— and it didn't came from the Blue Bohean Duke.

.

.

.

"Duke Ergi."