˜"*°• Imperial Majesty •°*"˜

"Your highness, the Emperor is ready for you."

The maid respectfully bowed, her gaze was on to the floor. Gently placing her tea down, she hummed and softly smiled at the maid.

"Let us go."

Stefan, her trusted friend and butler, nodded. (Y/n) placed her book down, she stood up and left the salon, her maid and butler following closely.

The atmosphere was gloomy, as today will be the day she will last see her uncle.

The walk was silent, only the soft clattering of footsteps could be heard. The walk to the Emperor's chambers were as quiet that you could hear a pin drop somewhere.

Soon she halted and before them was a door that will lead them to their destination. (Y/n) wasn't fazed by this, for she knew this moment would come.

From the other side of the door, they could hear her name being announced.

"Announcing the arrival of Crown Princess (Y/n)."

The doors of the Emperor's chambers then opened, there were a lot of people in the room, all of them were dressed in black.

The people in the room were mainly the members of the court and some were close relatives of the of the Imperial Family.

All of them gave a courteous bow, but (Y/n) paid no heed to them as her main focus was on the man on the bed.

(Y/n) approached and stood by the Emperor's side. The Crown Princess' eyes scanned his features.

His skin was deathly pale, his eyes were sunken and his cheeks no longer showed its bright redness on to it.

He was dull looking, he was struggling to breath, sometimes coughing and wheezing.

Weakly, the Emperor reached a hand to (Y/n), who carefully took it and awaited for him to say something.

"I...I d..don't have m-much time...left..."

Indeed he doesn't, as his breathing was limited and ragged.

"But I want t-to tell you s...something before I g...go..."

(Y/n) slightly bend over to hear more of his words, whilst everyone stood there, watching their interaction with different kinds of expressions.

"Lead this Empire with pride, as a woman it is y...your duty t-to lead it with grace and as an Emperor...it is your duty to protect it..."

He paused to catch a breath.

"If y..you don't...marry, you are both the Emperor and an Empress of t-this Empire...you have the power to bend and shape everything with...y-your own h..hand."

"Yes, your majesty."

(Y/n) nodded, she already know all of this. From the moment she was born, her fate had already been sealed.

She is to bear all the burden and responsibilities on her shoulders as she was both the Emperor and Empress of her Empire, unless she is wedded.

"C...Crown Princess...my dear (Y/n)...y-you will no longer be a Crown Princess...as after my death...you shall be an Empress..."

Her appearance did show any sympathy nor did show empathy, she stood there by his side with an unreadable face.

Feeling his life slowly draining, softly and quietly he uttered his last words.

"(Y/n)...do good a..and they will know you...but d-do great and they will remember you..."

She clutched on to his hand, her cousin of second degree, placed a hand on her shoulder. And some of the women in the room bursted out crying.

"The Emperor is dead."

She placed the blanket over her predecessor's head. The men either silenced their wives or their peers, as the noise of sorrow slowly died down.

"Everyone shall now all hail at the new Empress."

Her soon-to-be secretary, proclaimed as he was the first to kneel down and bowed his head in front of her royal majesty, and soon everyone in the room mimicked the Duke's actions.

"From this day on, I shall no longer be known as the Crown Princess,"

(Y/n)'s eyes were now focused on everyone around her, her voice latched with power and authority.

"From this day forth, I shall be renowned as..."

Her smirk was small and was guise as a smile, as she continued to declare her newly appointed position.

.

.

.

"Empress (Y/n) of the Nevivon Empire."