LXXXIV

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

Rashta laid down lazily on her bed, she was wearing a thin lavender nightgown, and lying down next to her was Sovieshu.

She was hugging a cushion as he softly sweeped his fingers through her long silky hair.

"Prince Heinley is known for his cruelty and for being a womanizer. Don't trust people so blindly from now on."

"Rashta didn't know…"

"It's alright. Anyone can make mistakes. Just don't make that same mistake in the future."

She snuggled timidly close to him, "But this isn't Rashta's fault, right?" She looked at him with her doe like eyes.

"Of course. It was that man who made a disturbance."

She smiled and leaned her head against the Emperor's shoulder. "But I'm glad his majesty protected Rashta."

"I'm glad too. I hope you're feeling better."

He returned her smile, bringing a strand of her hair close to his lips. He gave it a small peck and the concubine blushed.

Rashta then beamed and exclaimed, hugging the cushion tightly, "The special banquet is coming! Let's just relax and socialize with people!"

Sovieshu paused, looks like her forgot to tell her. He then felt sheepish for what he was about to say, but he was stating what needed to be stated.

"What...?"

She gasped, "I can't go to the special banquet?"

He sadly stared at her as he began to explain why, "We can only invite 20 guests to the special banquet."

"Can't I be one of them?"

"The Empress and I invite ten people each, and we’ve already sent out the invitations..."

She hand one had gripped on his sleeve as she desperately pleaded with him, "Can't you squeeze in one more guest, your majesty? Surely you can make an exception..."

"The special banquet won't be special anymore if I allow exceptions."

He patted her head softly, trying his best to comfort his concubine. But she wasn't fully comforted by his actions.

She was shocked that he still refused her.

"I told people at the party that I'd also be attending the special banquet."

"Ah... You should have asked me first."

"I thought it would be strange to ask when it should be a given, since Rashta is your concubine. Your lady."

Tears slowly formed in her eyes, and then turned into a full sob as she let out all her sadness out.

"Oh goodness, Rashta."

He took out his handkerchief and he wiped away her tears, "I'm sorry Rashta. Don't cry."

She then whimpered, "I wanted to be friends with Empress (Y/n) too... But you're still not saying that I can go."

Sovieshu, who would usually just smile and laugh at her adorable behaviour, froze up at her words.

She sniffled and noticed his silence, she looked at him worriedly.

"What's wrong, your majesty?"

"You..."

"Your majesty?"

He pressed his lips before speaking, "You wish to be friends with the Nevivon Empress?"

The silver-nette nodded her head at his question, even giving out a smile, "Yes! Her majesty is so pretty, I want to be friends with her."

"And Rashta wants to call her majesty by her nickname too!"

"Rashta..."

The Emperor knew that what he was about to say would definitely break her heart.

"I want you to stay away from her."

"Hm?"

'Her?'

She tilted her head, confusion was evident on her face, "Who's her?"

The ravennette straightened himself up and looked at with a serious face, "I want you to stay away from Empress (Y/n)."

"..."

Eh?

Her mouth was slightly agape, her doe eyes widened at him in surprise.

"What? Why?"

He sighed, "Just do as I say. It's better for you that way."

"But why?"

She bit her lip, "You're friends with her so why can't Rashta?!"

Her eyes started to become glossy again, and her nails dug into the cushion. She had always noticed him getting all hesitant when he was near the foreign Imperial woman.

And she couldn't help but wonder why?

He always seemed so hesitant and dejected whenever he would see her. Like as if he was shameful being close to her.

Did she do something to him that made him looked like that?

Did she hurt him?

"Because I said so."

His answer was simple, but Rashta surmised that that woman had did something to her lover which made him act like that.

"O-Okay... I'll avoid her, bur I still want to go to the special banquet..."

He smiled softly at her reply and hugged her closely to his chest. "Very well. I'll...ask the Empress if you can go instead of one of her guest."

Meanwhile in (Y/n)'s room.

Everyone inside was scurrying around, getting themselves and their Empress for the special banquet.

Her ladies-in-waiting dressed her in a floor length white dress. The dress was sleeveless but it had long white strips on it.

There was a gray corset worn outside of the dress and was adorned with golden patterns both below and above it.

The front of the dress was open, showing off her long legs. She was wearing black sandals with golden linings engraved on to it.

Her long (h/c) hair was simply styled into a braid and sitting on top of her head was a golden headband— decorated with flowers and pearls.

Piere entered the room, was already dressed in his formal suit and he was waiting for the (h/c)-nette to be done.

"You're not mad?"

"You created this mess and you might as well clean it all up."

He sighed, "Although that rumour of yours gave us enough time to execute everything." Her ladies-in-waiting then announced that she was ready and she finally stood up from her seat after sitting for so long.

"Let's go."

The final day of the New Year's ceremony.

The special banquet was currently being held in the Red Rose room.

Guests from all around the world, joyfully chatted with the others. Laughing— sometimes frowning at their topics.

Duke Caldwell was currently chatting with Duchess Tuania, Princess Circe was chatting with the othe nobles and so was Prince Heinley.

Her (e/c) eyes wandered around the room looking for one particular Empress.

Once she finally spotted her, she wasted no time was went to her, internally memorising the lines she needed to say.

.

.

.

"My Queen."