CXLV

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

A few people invited to the tea party began to arrive at the specific time told by the Duchess and everyone took their seats.

They merrily chatted with one another as they waited for the others to arrive.

Duchess Tuania was chatting with one of friends, when two figures suddenly approached her.

"Greetings, Duchess."

"Oh— your majesties."

Everyone seated— and those who were standing— immediately bowed and curtsied at their presence.

"At ease everyone."

(Y/n) raised her hand in dismissal and the guests went back to what they were doing.

"I was afraid you both were too busy to come, your majesties." Duchess Tuania spoke, a gentle smile appeared on her features.

"Not at all." Navier replied. "In fact, Empress (Y/n) wouldn't miss this tea party for the world. She was so excited to come here that she practically drop her work just to come here." She giggled.

(Y/n) gasped lightly at her words. "Navi~! What did I say about joshing me— that's my job."

Both the Duchess and the blonde chuckled at the pouting Nevivon woman.

"Still, I'm very honoured to hear that you came all this way, thank you."

"It's no problem, your grace."

The beautiful brunette then gestured them to their seats. Ever the gentlewoman she was, the foreign monarch pulled her friend's chair for her and gently pushed it back once the blonde was seated.

It earned her a small 'thank you' from the Eastern Empress.

Navier was sat between the Duchess on her right and the (h/c)-nette on her left. On the table, an assortment of desserts and tea were placed.

Ranging from cakes, cookies, cupcakes, and other delicacies that were covered with glass lids.

The vibe was beginning to tender for acknowledging the other aristocrats.

The blonde grabbed a small tong and placed a small dessert on (Y/n)'s plate— knowing it was her favourite.

The latter thanked her and smiled.

"It's so lively having a tea party here in the Eastern Empire." (Y/n) whispered— looking around at the guests smiling and laughing in the sunny day.

"Oh? Is it not lively in Nevivon?"

"It's not common." She began to explain, "It's considered a luxury, actually. Even the rich could not afford."

"?"

"Tea parties in Nevivon are usually quiet and in peace, like relaxing. And there's no such thing as relaxing in Nevivon when you're constantly at war with another nation."

"..."

Despite knowing how gloomy her words were, the (h/c) haired woman was smiling and had a fascinated expression on her face.

"So it's quite a culture shock." She laughed.

Navier thought otherwise. It must have been so hard for someone like her to grow up in a place so distressing.

The blonde wouldn't know if she could have survived in a such a place. But the person beside her was smiling notwithstanding the situation of her homeland.

The Eastern Empress was about to say something when a voice— not so familiar to her— spoke. Not noticing the (h/c)-nette lightly jumped at the familiarity of the voice.