LXXVI

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"Dear god, who knew she was such a fox?!"

The moment Navier returned to the Western Palace, she was immediately welcomed by the sight of her ladies-in-waiting fuming with anger.

"Ugh. Isn't she an absolute hussy?"

Countess Eliza, who was usually so calm, couldn't help but share the same anger as her colleagues.

"Your majesty, will you let her get away?"

Laura gritted her teeth and spat, "Being his majesty's mistress isn't enough for her, is it?! I can't believe she lied to make friends with a Prince of another Kingdom!"

Seeing how angry everyone was, Navier sighed and quickly calmed them down.

"Prince Heinley knows Rashta was lying, so there's no need to be so upset."

Her ladies-in-waiting stared at her in surprise, and the ginger haired woman snorted angrily.

"At first he seemed a bit suspicious, but then he knew it! It was obvious that he knew he was deceived!"

Another lady then chimed in.

"Maybe Rashta thinks she can trick him with her pretty face."

"If he thought Rashta was genuine, he wouldn’t have hesitated."

They all thought for a moment before nodding in agreement, "So Prince Heinley is deliberately letting himself be deceived by her lies?"

The Eastern Empress nodded, "I  believe so. It’s strange for him to be cheated twice in the same way. The only strange thing is…"

...Why though?

Even (Y/n) seemed to know that she was lying, so why did Heinley went along with it? Perhaps he liked Rashta, regardless of whether she was lying.

Piere bursted in to the room with an angry look on his face.

"Care to explain to me why you created this stupid rumour in the first place?!"

He loud voice boomed within the room, the servants quickly excused themselves out, not wanting to be a part of the situation.

Though his voice didn't startled the two figures inside, however.

(Y/n) sat down with her chin propped on her hand and her other hand was busy petting the golden creature on the table.

"Coo~"

"Aw, you're so cute~ Oh, yes you are~"

She cooed as she continued to rub Heinley's soft spot, making him melt into her touch.

He let out a giggle, but it sounded more like a chirp and (Y/n) chortled at his behaviour. "You're such a good boy."

Piere's eye twitched, his hands were clenched. Taking all the willpower to not throw another tantrum at them.

"Your majesty!"

She smiled and continued to ignore him. "Coo! Coo!" Heinley chirped when he felt the (h/c)-nette lift him up and—

Peppered his face with kisses.

"—Chirp?!"

The Duke had enough and approached towards them, (Y/n) could feel his irritation from where she sat.

She sighed and she stopped kissing the poor red face bird. She released her hold and the Prince quickly turned around and covered his face with his wings.

"Tell me."

"I just wanted to see if she would do something."

She hummed, "And it turns out I was right."

The Nevivon Empress softly patted the golden bird's head, making it softly calm down from his flustered state.

"You started this whole rumour just to see what that concubine would do?"

Her (e/c) eyes remained on Heinley. Her hand was still softly rubbing his head— with him leaning into her touch.

She was only in the Eastern Empire for a few days and that concubine managed to prove herself to the Nevivonnian woman that she was exactly what she thought she was.

"And what if Sovieshu had been there?"

She shrugged, "Then the show must go on, I suppose." Whether he had been there or not, everything must still go as plan.

Although if the Emperor had been there, it would probably made things more interesting.

Duke Caldwell let out a gruff sigh, "Is she to your liking?"

"She fits the clown category that's for sure."

Heinley laughed at her words, although it sounded like small chirping sounds— but (Y/n) understood him.

Her secretary groaned and rolled his eyes, "I've said this to you multiple times now, we shouldn't be interfering—"

Before he could finish his sentence, the (h/c)-nette raised her hand and made a blabbering mouth movement with it.

"We shouldn't be interfering with their affairs— blah blah blah."

She mimicked his voice and she rolled her eyes after she was done. "Seriously, all these events have been begging me to get involve."

"I thought we came here with one goal only?"

"Well guess what? You can scratch that thought because there are so many doors of opportunity open to us!"

(Y/n) glanced at the clock and noticed that it was starting to get late.

Without another word, she placed the Prince into her arms, carrying him towards an open window.

"Time's up, your highness."

The said Prince looked up at her with a frown, he honestly didn't want to part ways with her, he wanted to stay a bit longer.

She noticed this and she smiled softly at him, "Now now, if you continue to dawdle any longer, Sir Paul McKenna might give you an earful again."

She winked, "And we wouldn't want that now, would we?"

The bird reluctantly jumped off from her arms and he fluttered his wings and returned back to his room.

"Alright, I'll send in Duchess Maya later."

The Duke's expression then morphed into something unreadable, "We still need to discuss something."

Navier stared at the window, it had been two days already since her bird companion's last visit and she wondered if something might had happened.

"It's time you get ready, your majesty."

Ah yes, it was time for the Special Banquet.

Tomorrow was the last day of the New Year’s celebrations, as well as the day of the special banquet.

However, as the members continuously change, there was usually a preview dinner the prior evening for the guests to familiarise themselves with the others.

The blonde nodded at her lady-in-waiting and she began to dress the Empress up in the most fine and exquisite red dress.

"You won't be going to a large banquet tonight, so I will dress you more elegantly, your majesty."

Her golden locks was then styled in the most beautiful way and once she was done, her lady-in-waiting gushed at how she looked.

The Empress smiled at her, "I'm always so grateful to you, Countess Eliza."

.

.

.

"The honour is mine."