CIV

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

Piere had to cancel everything in her schedule for today, clearly knowing that their Empress wasn't...stable at the moment.

The Prince immediately rushed to her room, he ditched McKenna the moment (Y/n) requested his presence.

But the moment he entered her room, he was greeted by her with a blank— yet cold stare.

But when he saw her arms and hands covered in bandages, he instantly rushed to her side. A look of worry was plastered on his face.

"Your majesty! Are you alright?!"

He was shock to see her in such a state that he paid no heed to her expressionless stare.

"Who did this to you?!"

He gritted teeth, suddenly feeling angry at the thought of someone had hurt her.

"Was it the Emperor? Was it his concubine? Tell me, your majesty! I'll make them pay!"

The (h/c)-nette let out a tired sigh, "I did this."

"—?!"

Heinley was taken aback at her statement. She did that to herself? Why?

"Sit down, your highness."

His breath was caught in his throat as he now noticed the cold tension inside the room.

Like the obedient Prince he was, he did what he was told. He still had a look of concern for her, though.

"What happened, your majesty?"

"Your friend happened."

"Ergi?"

(Y/n) looked at him, coldly. "Why did you send him here?"

The blond male tensed up, he knew what he was getting into the moment he asked for Ergi's help.

"I told him that there's an opportunity for him here. We both know how he feels about the Eastern Empire."

When he noticed she wasn't listening to him, he then added, "I know I should've told you this before acting deliberately. I understand if you're mad at me."

With a guilty look, he stared at the ground. But he looked up again when he heard her let out a frustrated sigh.

She propped her elbow on the armrest and used her fingers to rub her temples.

She could feel a bad headache creeping inside her head from all of this. Heinley went to her side and held her other free hand in his.

His magenta coloured eyes were glossy as he stared at her. He sat on the floor tearfully, holding her hand close to his chest.

"Punish me."

"?"

"Please punish me for what I did."

The (h/c)-nette pressed her lips into a thin line. Her head by now was aching mildly— but the harsh throb was still there.

"And why would I do that?"

He sniffled, "Because I have caused you pain."

She scoffed, "Ergi caused me pain, not you." She removed her hand from his and she sat up straight.

She bend slightly and lifted his chin with her slender fingers.

"I have no reason to punish you, your highness."

"But—"

"Hush."

She gently caressed his slightly chapped lips, "I'll admit, I understand why you invited Ergi over— he deserves to have his revenge too. But what I do not like about this, is that I have to see his face everyday."