LVI

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"Hm, from what I've seen, she had long (h/c) hair and she was wearing a very expensive looking dress, she was very beautiful as well."

"Really? Then could she be a high ranking noblewoman?"

"She seemed liked it."

Footsteps echoed throughout the hallways, lifting up her skirt as she hurriedly made her way towards his office.

The servants who were passing by gave her a questioning and concerning look.

"Well, seeing how it's getting dark, I think it's time for me to go. He would definitely scold me if I am another hour late."

"Of course, I should thank you for giving up your time for me."

"Trust me, seeing how the first day of the ceremony is tomorrow and the fact that you are very busy today, I should be the one thanking you."

"You truly are kind."

"You flatter me, Sovi~"

'Sovi?'

Rashta pressed her ear against the door and was very surprised at what she heard.

Anxiously biting her lower lip as she continued to eavesdropped at their conversation.

"Well, I had fun."

"That's good to know."

"I shall be going now."

"Would you want me to escort you?"

"That's very sweet of you, but it's alright, I have already taken up much of your time."

"Oh please, might as well take it all up, besides..."

She fully pressed her ear on the door and awaited for what he was about to say.

"It's only natural that we do."

'What?!'

The silver haired woman was about to burst inside the room—

"Miss Rashta?"

"—!"

She let out a gasp and a startled shriek, quickly turning around to face one of Sovieshu's secretaries.

"O-Oh, Marquis K-Karl..."

"Pardon me miss, I didn't mean to startle you."

"Ah, it's f-fine."

He stared at her for a bit, "But if I may ask, what are you doing here, my lady?"

Rashta started to sweat, trying quickly to think of an excuse.

"I was just h-here to see his majesty, but I heard people talking inside and now I suppose he's currently unavailable..."

"I see..."

The Marquis then knocked on the door, catching the concubine off guard.

"Your majesty, it's me, Marquis Karl."

"You may enter."

He opened the door but did not step inside.

"Lady Rashta is also here to see you."

"Rashta?"

Oh right, his mistress.

"Your majesty!" She rushed to embrace him, with him being caught slightly off guard as he wasn't expecting to see her in his office.