LXXXVIII

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

He sent a smile towards her directly, in a furtive manner.

(Y/n) nodded her head at him and the Prince beamed with delight, knowing that he was pleasing his Empress.

That's when she caught sight of a royal guard— the captain of the royal guard to be exact.

She rose a brow at this.

What was a guard doing at the party?

She saw him approaching the Emperor and whispered something to him.

...

Did they know?

Were they caught?!

How was that possible?

She felt a slight worry creeping up inside her, she quickly drifted her eyes to find her cousin from a distance and when she found him— he had the same look on his face.

He shrugged at her, not knowing what was going on.

And (Y/n) wanted to rid of her apprehensive thoughts, she stood up and excused herself from Navier.

Heinley shot her a questioning glance but she merely waved him down, motioning him to stay in his place.

"Your majesty."

She approached him with a smile and feigned a surprise look when she saw the guard.

"Oh— did I perhaps came at the wrong time?"

Sovieshu— who looked serious— turned to her and his face changed into a soft one.

"Empress (Y/n). Ah no, it's alright. I wasn't in a rush anyway."

Liar.

"Is that so?"

She stared at the guard, "Then is there a problem?"

The ravennette shook his head and smiled, "It's simply my courtiers requesting for an audience."

"An audience? At a time like this?"

"They can be a bit strange."

He softly chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. The guard beside him looked at the both of them nervously, he cleared his throat and earned the Emperor's attention.

"Right, I need to go now, they can be very impatient with me. Rest assured it's not anything serious."

He comfortingly patted her shoulder, and (Y/n) softly smiled and nodded at him.

"Alright then, Sovi."

He bid her farewell, leaving with the royal guard close to his tail.

How reassuring, she looked back to Navier. Looks like it wasn't serious after all. If it was, the blonde would've gone with him.

Her eyes then caught Piere's gaze.

'False alarm.'

The Duke sighed in relief and went to chat with the other nobles, acting as if nothing had happened.

That's when her gut told her something.

This definitely had something to do with his concubine. She sighed disapprovingly at the thought.

And this is why dogs wear leashes.

"(Y/n), is something wrong?"

The (h/c)-nette perked up at her voice, she turned around and saw the Eastern Empress behind her.