LXXXI

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"Ha! The Emperor of the Eastern Empire has bad taste."

"This doesn’t concern you, Prince Heinley."

The only thing that was preventing her from interfering was Piere's constant reminder and Heinley's hold on her hand.

But she thinks she has been quite long enough. Piere is going to kill her if he saw what she was doing.

"Well..."

(Y/n) spoke, her face was straight and her head was held high.

'Looks like she can't keep it no more.'

Heinley thought, feeling the warmth of her hand disappeared as she slowly approached the Eastern Empress, earning everyone's eyes.

"It concerns me."

She stood beside Navier— who was surprised at her sudden involvement at their bickering.

"I’m a witness. How can I keep my nose out of this?"

(Y/n) turned to face Navier, giving her a small smile as if she was reassuring her that she was there for her.

"Your majesty, do not worry. I will be the one to spread rumors about the truth. Your reputation will not be tarnished by this mistake."

She placed a hand on her heart, indicating that she meant every word she said.

Navier returned her smile, she wasn't expecting her to interfere with their little argument but she was thankful for her nonetheless.

"I, too, shall spread the news of this truth far and wide."

Heinley stood beside the (h/c)-nette and grinned, narrowing his eyes at the Emperor he added.

"We'll make sure your reputation as the Empress won't be tarnished by the Emperor's blunder."

"What?!"

Sovieshu yelled and then suddenly—

A blue haired man dashed towards them, "Your highness! So here you are!"

He then grabbed hold of the male blond and tried to dragged him away from them, "I asked you to return early because of an urgent matter!"

The Prince laughed nervously and allowed the bluenette to dragged him away, "Ah... Yes, that's right. I'll see you tomorrow then."

(Y/n) waved a hand, bidding them farewell. Whilst Navier, Rashta and Sovieshu sweatdropped at the sight.

She then returned her focus on the ravennette, "I suppose everything has come to clear now?"

Sovieshu pressed his lips, and he slowly nodded his head. Rashta noticed his slight hesitation and she looked up at him, confused.

"Navi?"

'Navi?'

The Eastern Empress nodded her head as well and smiled. The concubine timidly stared at their exchange.

How come she can act so casual among them?

Was it because she was childhood friends them that she can act so informal? Are royals allowed to address other royal by their nicknames?

'Maybe I'll ask his majesty for Empress (Y/n)'s nickname.'

Rashta wants to be friends with her too!

"We'll excuse ourselves now."

Sovieshu announced, holding his concubine shoulder close to his chest. The ravennette could no longer take the shameful feeling within him and decided to retire early.

They both walked down the hallway, and before they could disappear around the corner, Rashta looked back and saw the Nevivonnian Empress staring at her with an icy look.

Then they were out of sight.

Navier let out and turned to her friend with a saddened expression on her face.

"I'm sorry you had to see us act like that."

She exhaled, "Don't be sorry, I understand completely."

Her Imperial friend stayed silent, and (Y/n) pressed her lips, thinking of what to say but she saw the pained the look on her face and suddenly felt—

—Guilty

Yes, that's right.

The reason why she was hurt was because of her— but it was mostly because of him, she thought.

She merely saw an opening for a distraction and she took it, she wasn't the one who brought a disgusting bitch to the place.

She wasn't her husband.

She wasn't Sovieshu.

But she admits that she did take part in all of this.

"I'm sorry."

Navier turned surprise at her words, she looked up and saw the (h/c)-nette looking down on to the floor.

"Whatever for?"

—For all of these.

Was what she wanted to say, but she immediately decided against it. If she said that, then Navi would certainly be suspicious of her.

"I'm sorry that I merely watched from a distance and that I didn't immediately butt in. If I had, Sovieshu wouldn't have said those words."

The golden haired woman softly sighed and sighed, slowly reaching out a hand and gently caressed her head.

"It's alright. It was mine and Sovieshu's quarrel, you didn't have to intervene like that."

"But he bluntly said those mean words to you. Piere told me not to get involved but I couldn't hold it for long."

Her (e/c) eyes began glaring down on the floor, imaging that it had the Emperor's face on it.

Fortunately, she couldn't see it as her bangs was in covering her face.

"And I didn't like how he speaks of you like that."

Her tone was cold and she muttered underneath her breath. The Empress moved her hand from her head and to her cheek.

Slowly, she guided her face to face her and (Y/n) had a saddened expression.

"I'm sorry."

"You're not at fault, so you don't have to apologize."

'But I am.'

She then enveloped her in an embrace, startling her friend. The Nevivon Empress' face flushed, but she returned her hug anyway.

"Thank you."

"Whatever for?" It was her turn to ask, as she didn't know what she was thankful for.

"For being there for me."

Her heart beat wildly inside her, and she feared that it would burst out of her chest anytime soon.

Navier slightly pulled away and looked up at her with the brightest smile.

.

.

.

"I really appreciate it, (N/n)."