XCIV

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"Why did you sided with Prince Heinley?"

"What do you mean?"

"At the dinner, the one where he and I argued in front of everyone."

The way he spoke so nonchalantly made Navier thought that he didn't have any sense of embarrassment of what he did.

"Why are we talking about th—"

"You might think he is handsome because of he charmed you with his looks, but associating with him will only lead to a scandal."

"A scandal?"

The blonde halted in her tracks and had a puzzled look, what on earth was this man talking about?

"Think how the royal family will look if a womanizer like him has a hold of over the Empress of the Eastern Empire. Empress (Y/n) will surely be disappointed in you."

Navier blinked, why was he randomly bringing up all of this?

"The royal family's reputation won't be tarnished just because I treat him like a friend, and what has (Y/n) got to do with any of this?"

"You're not listening to me."

"If this is about Rashta—"

"Who says it's about Rashta? Why is the name Rashta being brought up here?"

'Well, you were the one who brought up Empress (Y/n)'s name and she had nothing to do with any of this.'

He stared at her with a reproachful look and Navier refuses to meet his gaze. The Emperor let out a frustrated sigh.

"You truly hate Rashta."

"I only said the name because she's the reason why you want to ostracize Prince Heinley."

He glared, "No. You hate her, so you're using her as a shield in everything."

"..."

That was it. She was tired of this talk already and let out a sigh, turning her heels back to where they came.

"I don't think this conversation will get us anywhere, so I will take my leave."

"Wait!"

She paused in her tracks again and awaited for him to continue speaking, as she didn't turn around to face him.

"I was too harsh on you when we last spoke."

He continued, "I shouldn't blame you for what Viscount Roteschu did. I was blinded by anger. I'm sorry."

"..."

It took him three days to come back to his senses? Navier thought but she smiled and accepted his apology nonetheless.

"Very well."

"Also I remembered it is your birthday soon."

He then awkwardly tries to change the subject, "...I think we should stay at the Imperial Villa to celebrate and to make amends. What do you think?"

Ah...

Truthfully, she looked a bit skeptical that the strain of their relationship could fixed so easily.

But saying 'no' to him will definitely make things worse.

She stared at him, she was rationally thinking things through. As an Empress, it is her duty to show the nobles and their other subjects, as well as hostile nations, that there were no issues between the two sovereigns of the Eastern Empire.