CXL

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"Do not start."

"What? I was merely saying—"

He shut her up with a side glare, and it earned him a small chuckle as she raised her hands in defeat.

"Alright, alright."

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "What are you doing here anyways? I thought we'd be meeting up at the main palace."

"I could ask you the same thing, but since I saw what you did— I think I know now." She said with a teasing look.

"As for me, I had a bit of free time and I spent it by chatting with my favourite Rwiptian Duke, and I got lost track of time."

(Y/n) avoided his gaze and nervous let out a small laugh, pressing her index fingers together as she continued.

"I went to ask Duchess Maya if your meeting was done and she told me you were— she also said that she heard you were at the Navi's place, so I went and here I am!"

She waved her hands erratically in the air— like in a jazz hands motion while smiling widely at him.

Piere stared at her, unimpressed, before letting out a tired sigh. "Well, I apologize for making you come here, and I wished you hadn't seen that."

"Hm~? I don't see anything wrong with you helping miss Laura~"

"That's not that problem."

"Oh? Then what is?"

"You."

"—!"

The (h/c)-nette frowned and pouted, "Well, that's not very nice."

"You're constant teasing towards others is not nice, also it is very unprofessional of you to do so."

"Eh, well it's not my fault some people are so easy to tease, and it's definitely not my fault that it is in my system."

"Yeah right."

He scoffed and began walking towards the western palace's exit with his majesty following him by his side.

"By the way, I forgot to ask you."

The woman hummed, urging her cousin to ask his question away.

"How was the Emperor's reaction when you told him the unexpected news?"

'Oh—'

Suddenly she stopped walking— the male noticed and halted as well. He rose a brow when she began to display signs of nervousness.

"Ah well, about that..."

"You told him," He furrowed his brows, "Didn't you?"

"I—" (Y/n) hesitated, knowing that answering honestly will earn her a big amount of scolding.

"Didn't."

"..."

"..."

The (h/c)-nette braced herself for the moment when her ears will not be able to stop ringing for at least a day.

But before that could happen, she spoke again.

"You—"

"Before you say anything, here me out!"

She smiled albeit it was somewhat crooked, "Telling him of the news was my intention— it was my original plan— what I was supposed to do!"

"Butthenthiswomancameinandruinedthatinitialmoment—ofcourse—Icouldhavetoldeitherwaywhenshewastherebut—"