CXIV

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

Five days before her birthday, numerous amount of presents from friends and relatives arrived.

Although she already came from a very wealthy family, her life even became even more luxurious ever since she became an Empress.

Although, as wealthy as she is, Navier mostly spends here wealth on various welfare projects and state subsidies.

She never really get to spend her money buying things for herself, so gifts were considered meaningful to her.

Just like the one her mother sent her...

"The Duchess must have been worried about you, your majesty."

The Countess spoke, looking at the magazine called 'La Trang', it was magazine about thespians featuring only male actors.

"She probably wants me to distract myself by taking on a lover of my own."

Her father, on the other hand, had sent her the latest fashionable dresses, as well as fabrics, books and jewellery all from abroad.

And then there was also an anonymous gift...

It was a Love Potion.

'How suspicious...'

Navier thought, she was sitting on a chair wearing a lovely salmon coloured dress and she was inspecting the potion closely.

"Coo!"

A flapping sound broke her out from her thoughts and turned towards to the source of the sound.

She rushed to a half opened window and saw her favourite bird companion.

"Queen!"

Although the bird seemed to be in a slight struggle as it was flapping its wings with a bit of difficulty.

But despite the very weight weighing Queen down, it still managed to flutter above the window, just in time for the blonde to hold out her hands received a large box tied with a string.

"Did you carry this by yourself?"

She noticed how heavy the box was and couldn't help but feel a bit concerned for the (f/c) creature.

Queen nodded and tiredly plopped down on the Empress' bed. Navier patted the bird's back comfortingly.

"You know, i didn't think Empress (Y/n) was such a cruel master. She should have brought this over herself or asked someone else to bring it here, like Duke Caldwell."

"—!"

Queen raised her head and vigorously shook her head.

"Why are you shaking your head? Do you not like it when someone talks badly about your master?"

The (f/c) creature nodded her head and the blonde smiled, amused.

"What a good bird you are."

She sat next to Queen and patted her rear— earning a jolt of response from the latter. But then went back to being tired and sprawled itself all over her bed.

She placed the large box on her lap, she wondered what the Nevivon Empress had sent her. She began to unwrap it and...

"Ah."

'This is...'

Inside was a large cake that was deliciously made and it had strawberries for toppings on top.

There was also a letter on the lid of the box, it reads:

"I think baking is another one of my talents. I'd appreciate a compliment or two."