CHAPTER 18: LIFE AFTER JENKO

The week after the funeral, all the officers of Jump Street were called to the  chapel for a special meeting.  They were told that with Jenko passing, and no one to take his place, they were disbanding the program, for the time being. That it may not be the final decision, but for now the Chapel was closed.  All officers would be reassigned.  After the Mayor left, Sydney cried on Tom's shoulder.  Judy was crying and Doug and Harry hugged her.  Tom said  "I hate this. You know I didn't want to come here, even said I wouldn't take the job, but it's not just me falling for Sydney, but I love all you guys. You are like a family to me. I am going to hate not working with you all."  Doug, Harry, Judy, and Sydney all said same.  Sydney said "guys I don't have family, I don't have a mom, a dad, you all and Jenko are my family, and now I'm losing all of you."  Tom said "hey you aren't losing me." Doug said "Sydney you aren't losing me or Harry or Judy ok. Look we are a family ok."  Judy said "but I love working with you all."  Sydney said "me too. I don't want to start over in a new department"

Sydney said "promise me guys that you all will still stay in my life, that we can still meet every week at Jakes. I'm afraid that like one of you will miss and be busy, then miss again, and before you know it we will be people who only see each other once a year."  They all promised, they wouldn't let that happen.  Doug said "let's go to Jakes tonight ok?"  Everyone agreed.  Tom and Sydney went in Tom's car. Sydney was crying.  Tom said "baby I'm sorry."  Sydney said "Tom I'm losing all of you, I know you think you won't leave me, but you will. As soon as I tell you about my past, you will be horrified."  Tom said "Sydney that is not true. Look baby there is nothing you could tell me to make me  be horrified that I fell for you."  Sydney said "but you don't understand Tom. Look I can't talk about this now, please let's just go in."

Tom and Sydney were the first there and got their booth.  Judy came in.  She said "so Sydney I forgot to tell you, guess who is back?"  Sydney said "who?" Judy said "in Doug's life?"  Sydney said "Oh no not Dorothy."  Judy said "yeah I had went over to Doug's this morning, and kind of interrupted them if you know what I mean." Tom said "whose Dorothy?" Judy said "Sydney's bestest friend."  Sydney and Judy started laughing.  Tom smiled. Judy said "no it's Doug's on off on off on off on off girlfriend."  Tom said "oh yeah he's mentioned her, didn't she leave town with some guy from their high  school? "Sydney said "yes, and she is not my biggest fan."  Tom said "she doesn't like you?"  Sydney said "no not at all."  Tom said "why?"  Judy said "oh she's jealous see she dumped Doug, then Sydney came to Jump Street, and when Dorothy came back and found out that Doug was crushing on Sydney at first and had asked her out. ever since then she really doesn't care for Sydney all that much."  

Tom said "you didn't ever date Doug did you?" Sydney said "no."  Tom said "so she has dumped him several times?"  Sydney said "yeah she gets mad at him, then goes off with one of her ex's, then when they get tired of her, she comes back to Doug."  Judy said "and he always takes her back."  Sydney said "I feel bad for him. Cause he really loves her, and I get it. I mean some times you just fall so deep in love with a person, and then they hurt you, and you just keep taking them back even when you know it is only a matter of time before they hurt you again."  Tom was a little upset hearing that, cause he thought maybe Sydney was still hung up on her ex.Doug and Harry came in.

Doug said "hey Sydney I need to ask you a favor"  Sydney said "let me guess be nice to Dorothy?" He laughed, he said "yeah so Jude told you."  Tom said "I hear that she doesn't like Sydney, so why should Sydney have to be nice to her?"  Doug said "look Dorothy is just a little jealous about Sydney. I mean she had left and then when she came back she found out I had been trying to talk Sydney into a date."  Sydney said "look Doug, Dorothy is ok, but I just don't like how she treats you. I care about you, I hate to see her keep hurting you, but I won't start any thing with her, as long as she doesn't hit on Hanson."  Doug laughed.  He said "she won't. I told her that you were with Hanson, she was pretty happy about that."  Sydney laughed. Dorothy came in.  Doug kissed and hugged her.  She said "hi everyone."  We all said hi.