CHAPTER 75: CONFRONTATION

The next day Tom made breakfast and brought it to Sydney.  Tom said "Sydney I'm going to take Abby out." Sydney said "Tommy I'm feeling ok, can I go with you guys."  He said "ok but if you feel sick or too tired you let me know, and let me carry you back."  She laughed.  She said "ok Hanson, but I'm fine. I'm sorry I worried you.  I am so stupid to fall over that table."  He said "no you're not stupid."  After their walk, Tom made Sydney lunch, and they took a nap in the recliner. Tom wanted to watch bowling that he had taped. Which put Sydney to sleep every time.  

The next day Sydney said "Tommy I'm feeling a lot better, let's go to the Chapel and say hi to everyone."  He said "ok can I  drive your car."  He smiled.  She laughed.  She said "yes Hanson."  He kissed her.  He said "We are taking Abby right?"  Sydney said "Abby you want to go for a ride."  She got all excited and jumped up.  Tom and Sydney laughed

They walked into the Chapel.  Doug said "Well here comes the old married couple."  Sydney said "now hey who are you calling old."  Harry and Doug came over and hugged Sydney. Booker said "Sydney what the hell happened, what'd you do to her Hanson?" Tom said "Booker shut up, you know I'd never hit Sydney."   Sydney said "Booker Tom didn't do anything"  Booker hugged her.  He said "you sure, cause Hanson's face looks like he was in a fight."

 Sydney laughed.  She said "Tommy got in a fight with three guys because they looked at me."  Booker said "Sounds like Hanson, but how did this happen."  He gently touched her face. Tom got up and pulled Booker away.  He said "What the hell. Get off my wife."  Sydney said "Tom calm down."  Sydney said "Booker Tom didn't do anything.  I fell."  Booker said "Sydney come on that's the oldest excuse."  Sydney said "No I really did. I swear."  Tom said "What the hell Booker, you know I'd never lay a hand on Sydney."  Doug said "yeah Booker he wouldn't. Cause she'd kick his ass."  Booker and the guys laughed.  So did Sydney and Judy.

Judy said "so guys you want to get pizza for lunch."  Doug said "sounds good I'm starved."  Sydney laughed.  Doug said "What's funny."  Tom said "you're always starving."  Booker said "Jude you call it in and I'll go get it."  She said "ok I'll go with you."   Booker and Judy left.  Sydney was sitting at Tom's desk with Abby on her lap.  Tom said "baby you feeling ok."  She said "yes I'm fine, except for the fact that you're driving me crazy, asking me every five minutes, and treating me like I'm an invalid."  He said "I'm sorry."  She laughed.  She said "I know you're worried, but I'm ok."  She kissed him.

They came back with the pizza.  Abby wanted some so Tom gave her a few little bites.  Booker said "Syd you were a beautiful bride, but you do know that u broke my heart."  Doug and Harry said "mine too."  Sydney laughed.  Tom said "Booker shut up.  She's my wife now, so you're going to have to stop flirting with her."  Booker said "same old jealous Hanson, marriage hasn't changed him."  Sydney laughed.  Sydney said "Abby should we take daddy home so he can get a nap."  Booker said "he's always grumpy not sure a nap's going to help."  Sydney laughed.  Tom said "let's go."  Doug said "ok Hanson, you can leave but not till I get one more hug."  Tom said "ok."  He started to go to him.  Sydney laughed.  Doug said "yeah wrong Hanson."  Tom laughed.  He said "See ya guys."  Doug and Harry hugged Sydney and they left.

Sydney laid down on the couch with Abby and they took a nap. Tom watched her sleep. She woke up.  She said "Sorry Tommy I didn't mean to fall asleep."  He said "no you need to sleep."  Tom sat by her.  He said "Sydney I told myself I wasn't going to bother you about this, but I'm sorry I have to."  Sydney said "What."  He said "you need to tell me what I did to make you mad."  Sydney said "Tommy."  Sydney said "you're obviously still mad at me."  Sydney said "no Tom I'm not mad at you. I wasn't ever mad at you."  He said "Sydney I don't like you letting Booker flirt with you."  Sydney said "Tommy Booker just was giving you a hard time."  Tom said "you were laughing."  Sydney said "It was funny. Look he's my friend ok. I'm sorry, I know you don't like that."  He said "Sydney I don't understand what went wrong, what I did wrong. You were fine,  You were having fun, we had a good time at the mall, and at the zoo, and you were excited to try the Mexican restaurant. Then it all changed. You looked pale, almost white as a sheet, and you didn't eat."