CHAPTER 64: DANGER

Tom was holding Sydney.  She said "Tommy I love you so much.  I'm so sorry you deserve so much better than me."  He said "no please don't think that.  I love you . You are the sweetest girl I've ever met. You deserve better than me"  In morning they ate breakfast. Tom said "ok Syd you have time to talk or do you need to get to work?"  Sydney said "I have time.  I am going to work my lunch so I don't need go in yet.  Judy and I are taking separate cars cause she is meeting Booker for lunch."

Tom said "Syd if you want to eat lunch with me I could pick you up and just wait in parking lot. No one would see"  She said "ok how bout you let me pick you up at the station."  He said "so what you trying to pick me up huh  I see how you are."  They laughed.  She said "Hanson if you're not interested."  He said "no I'm interested."   Sydney said "how bout I drive you and Abby to work and then I'll pick you up. But if I'm going to take a lunch I need go now."  He said "ok let's go Abby."  Sydney said "Abby did Daddy pack your bag right."  He said "ha ha now don't you start.  Look Sydney it's easier, then carrying all of her toys.  And don't even start on me I have to buy her all those toys, I mean the way she is your defender, I even raise my voice a little and I get teeth."  She laughed.  She said "I'm sorry Tommy."  He said "no don't be.  I want Abby to learn to always protect you.  I want you defended from any threat, I mean if I was gone at work, or on a case, and you're here or outside with her by yourself, I want her to defend you.  To know she has to protect you."

Sydney went in and said hi to the guys.  Doug said "we see you're training Hanson already to get used to carrying a diaper bag"  Sydney laughed.  Tom said "Funny guys."  Sydney said "ok I'll pick you up for lunch by babe."  She kissed him a long kiss and hugged him.  She said  "Abby you be good for Tommy ok."  She kissed her.  Abby cried when she left, so Tommy played with her.

Sydney picked Tom up for lunch.  They went to a park, and had a picnic.  She brought a blanket and they got Subway and then food for Abby and sat on a blanket.  She said "baby thank you for calling me and thinking of the picnic."  He said "you're welcome.  I thought since it was such a nice day, we should take Abby and just sit and you try and relax. So you want to talk about this case.  You said you had an idea."

Sydney said "yeah I do, but Judy doesn't agree."  He said "so is this a gut feeling?"  Sydney said "yes."  He said "who do you think it is?"  Sydney said "Sam."  He said "ok so Sydney you sure this is a gut feeling or do you think it's cause you're jealous and upset she talked to me."  Sydney said "Tom I'm jealous and yeah it made me mad, still makes me mad, but it's a gut feeling. I take it you don't agree."

He said "so you mentioned it to Judy."  Sydney said "yesterday but Judy thinks oh never mind."  He said "no tell me, Judy thinks what? Does she have a suspect."  Sydney said "no but she thinks it's just cause I'm jealous and I hate her for talking to you."  Tom said "ok."  Sydney said "Tom look yeah I'm pissed at her for asking you, and I don't like her, but that's not it's not me being jealous and thinking that she is guilty cause I am jealous.  Look let's just drop it ok."  He said "no look tell me why."  She said "Tom it's fine you think I'm just jealous too, that I'm not thinking straight. It's fine.  Let's just not talk about it, this stupid damn case.  It's just stressing me out."

Tom said "I want to help baby."  Sydney said "Tommy I love you and I know you're trying help, but you being on this case would just."  He said "Baby I'm not going to ask Fuller to put me on the case. You made it clear you don't want me in the office.  I get it.  I want you to know that I would never go anywhere and talk to other girls and ignore you. But it's fine."

  Tom said "Talk to me.  Look you are a hell of a cop.  I knew early on, you're a better cop than me. So if you have a gut feeling I trust it.  I will always trust your gut instincts and I hope you always do too.  Don't ever let me or Judy or Fuller or the guys ever talk you out of a gut feeling."  Sydney said "so you don't think I'm just being jealous." He said "no but I think you need to talk it out, talk to me, tell me what why is it just that you don't like her, did she do something, say something"