CHAPTER 61: THE SENATOR'S OFFICE

Sydney invited Booker, Doug, Harry, and Judy over for pizza and drinks.  It was 4:00 pm on Sunday.  Tom was playing hide and seek with Abby.  They both loved playing with each other. Tom would leave Abby with her, then hide, then text her to have Abby find him.  She always found him, then he'd give her a treat.  Tom was hiding when everyone got there.  Judy said "where's Tom?"  Sydney laughed.  She said "he and Abby are playing hide and seek."  Everyone laughed.  Booker said "Sydney too bad you have two kids, if you ever need."  Tom said "ha ha Booker not happening."  He said "I'm kidding Hanson."

Sydney said "Tom if you're done playing can you order the pizza, I'll take Abby out."  He said "ok."  Judy went with her and Abby.  They were walking.  Judy said "Tom is so cute with Abby."  They laughed. Sydney said "yes he is. It's so sweet. Abby has so much fun playing with him"

They went in and food came.  They had a fun night.  Next day Fuller called everyone in his office to give them their assignments.  Tom and Sydney were holding hands. Tom and Doug were going in as the McQuaid brothers, so they did their handshake thing.  Booker and Harry were teamed up on a case.  Fuller said "ok ladies this case for you is most important. It is coming down from the state." Judy said "state huh sounds big."  Doug said "no offense to the ladies, but why did they get the big one."  Tom said "cause they are the smartest cops here."  Judy said "good answer Hanson."  Everyone laughed.

Fuller said "well Doug I didn't think you and Hanson wanted to be secretaries."  Doug said "Secretaries  no thanks boss,"  Judy said "we have to be secretaries."  Booker said "better start practicing on making that coffee, getting it just right."  He grinned.   Sydney said "Booker you do realize you're not funny."  Booker laughed.  He said "I was joking, but you know some secretaries have to make coffee." Sydney said "not this one."

Sydney said "what is the case, why is state wanting us?"  Fuller said "Senator Kim McCasey, she is on Senate committee for homeland defense."  Doug said "wow the ladies are going be helping the government, while we are McQuaids. That's not right"  Sydney said "I thought you loved being McQuaid brothers."  Tom laughed.

Fuller said " the Senator has a leak in her office.  So far it's her emails nothing damaging, some personal to her friends, colleagues, but enough to raise her concerns.  She was recently nominated to sit on the committee, but if there is a leak in her office, she needs find out who it is and get them out. The country's security is at stake." 

Sydney said "Is she sure leak is coming from her office, and not just a hacker." Fuller said "no she's not. It could be hacker, but is thinking could be office as so far they just seem to want to embarrass her.  You two will join her office staff, just see if you can see if there are any aides that give off weird vibes, also take look at her computer system.  She is going to be giving you some emails to type up for interoffice memos, to see if they show up going out to press or to the public "

Doug said "ladies since you'll be secretaries you think you could do some typing for me."  They shot Doug a look.  Tom said "Penhall that's a hell no."  He kissed Sydney. He said "I love you baby have a good day"  She said "you too McQuaid. Try and not get into too many fights k babe." He laughed. They all left.

Sydney and Judy went to the Senator's Dallas office.  The Senator had met them outside so they could talk. They went in.  There were several women and one man in the office. They said hi.  Sydney and  Judy said hi.  One girl said "hi my name is Sam, I'll show you around the office introduce you."  Sam told Judy she just loved her dress, asked where she got it. Sam introduced all the girls but ignored the guy.  He said "hi I'm Danny."  He was wearing a yellow shirt, with a red bow tie.  Judy and Sydney said hi.   Sam showed them where their desks were, and they sat down.  One of the girls came in and gave them a list of things to do.