CHAPTER 42: THE BREAK UP?

Tom said "Sydney  since the family isn't here yet, if you don't feel like going I can drop you off at home then come back "  Sydney said "wow Hanson, just wow.  I'm sure you would love that but no I'm going."   Sydney said "wow."  Tom said "what."  Sydney said "I can't believe you are such a jerk, well I can, but damn."  Tom said "Sydney I just thought if you didn't feel like going, and wanted to go home, I could take you home, then go back for a few minutes."  Sydney said "well I should give you what you want and not go, maybe I should just call up Booker, see if he is free to hang out" Tom took her phone out of her hand.  He said "What the hell. is your problem."  She said "give me back my phone."  He did.  Tom said "I never said I didn't want you to go, you're my girlfriend obviously I want you to go, why would I want to go alone?"  She said "fine." He said "tell me why you're mad at me, what did I do. And don't you dare say nothing, when you just threw going out with Booker in my face and calling me a jerk."  She said "fine I'm sorry, it just made me mad when you were trying to get me to not go with you."  He said "no I wasn't Sydney, you said you didn't want to go. I want you to go."  He was getting mad. and yelling.  She said "fine stop yelling at me."  Tom said "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell, but I'm getting a little mad, the last two days, you're obviously mad at me, you won't say why you're mad, you go off with Judy won't let me join you, have 4 drinks, then come home and have one of the worst nightmares you have had."  Sydney said "oh yeah I forgot you are the drink police."  Tom said "Sydney I'm worried about you, can't you see that." If I caused the dreams to come back, and you to drink, just tell me what I did. I'm not trying to nag you, or be a jerk, the only thing I can think of that I did, was not tell you I was telling the counselor we were cops. I got mad when you threw Booker in my face"  Sydney said "I'm sorry Tom. I was hurt you didn't want me to go."  Tom said "I do want you to go, I only said I could take you home cause you said you didn't want to go. I was trying to be a thoughtful boyfriend,  Take care of you."  Sydney said "I'm sorry. I want to go in with you, ok, I'm sorry about Booker. I shouldn't have said it.  Look you haven't done anything ok Tom."  She hugged him.

When Tom and Sydney came in, Sydney had her arms around Tom's waist, he had his arms around her arm.  Diana and Vickie and Rachel came up.  Diana said "Tom and Sydney thanks so much for coming. It means a lot. I'll take you and introduce you to our um my parents."  She broke down, so did Vickie.  They both hugged Tommy.  Sydney was afraid she was going to snap at the girls, so it took all she had to keep her mouth shut. Sydney said "Tom I'll be back I am going to go to the restroom."  He said "ok you want me to walk you."  She said "no I can find it."  Sydney went in and sat on the bathroom couch, and cried.  Tom was a little worried that she was taking so long.  He said "ladies I need to go wait for my girlfriend."  He knocked on the ladies bathroom door.  He said "Sydney you ok."  She said "yeah Tommy I'll be out in a minute."  She came out.  She said "hey."  Tom could see she had been crying. 

He said "I suppose if I ask you what's wrong, you will say nothing."  She said "I'm fine Tom."  He said "you're not fine, you've been crying." She didn't say anything.  He said "let's go home."  She said "ok." He took her hand and they left. Tom said "you want to go get something to eat."  She said "yeah."  They went to Subway and ate.  He said "I wish you'd tell me what's wrong."  She said "I'm fine, look I am just ready for this case to be over, I'm trying hard to not get myself fired." He said "what why would you get fired."  Sydney said "cause I'd like to beat the crap out of someone." He said "who?"  Sydney said "What so you seriously don't know." He said "no." She said "Forget it, it's not a big deal. I will just have to keep my cool until this case is over."  He said "Who do you want to beat up tell me."  Sydney said "Those bitches."  Tom said "ok who"  Sydney said "I'm sorry ok, obviously you like them. That is clear to me."  He said "Sydney who are you talking about."  Sydney said "you're girlfriends." Sydney got up and went out and got in the car. Tom got in the car.  He said "Sydney you're my only girlfriend, and I only got one. baby."  Sydney said "I know I'm sorry for that comment ok, but they are obviously your new best friends." He said "no you're my best friend, and I don't know who you're talking about."  Sydney said "Vickie, Rachel, Diana"  Tom said "Sydney."  Sydney said "they are practically glued to you. They keep hugging you and I'm afraid one day I'm not going to be able to stop myself and I will kick their ass, and then I will get fired."