CHAPTER 77: TOM AND SYDNEY'S DOUBLE DATE

Tom went around and opened the car door for Sydney.  She said "Thanks Tommy."  She got in.  He walked around got in and started driving.  Tom was staring straight ahead, not saying anything. He turned the radio off.   Sydney was staring at him.  She said "Tom."  He didn't look at her, but said "What."  She said "never mind. I'll wait till we get home." They got home.  Tom opened Sydney's door. He took her hand and they went up   Abby ran to greet them.  Sydney said "Tommy you want to take her for a walk."  He said "yeah."  They were walking Abby. Tom hadn't said anything.

Sydney said "Tommy I'm sorry."  He said "For what."  She said "well you're mad at me right."  He said "no."  She said "you're not."  He said "no."  She said "well anyway I'm sorry Tommy, for bringing up the casino fight. I shouldn't have I wasn't meaning anything by it. I was just saying that cover would fit."  He said "it's ok. I'm not mad about it"  Sydney said "I texted Judy on the ride home and she said she'd be over around 3:00."  He said "ok."  Abby was investigating all the smells and laid down in the grass and rolled around on her back.  Sydney laughed.  She said "Abby is so funny on her walks huh Tommy."  He said "yes she is."

Sydney said "ok so what you're mad that I brought up about me being drunk when I packed.  Tommy I wasn't thinking when I said that. You said my vice dress."  He said "honey I'm not mad at you." Tom said "Abby let's go we need to get back inside."  They got back inside. Tom went and got a beer.  Tom said "Syd you want anything to drink?'  She said "maybe a water."  He said "ok. I'll bring it to you."  She said "Thanks."

Tom sat on the couch and was drinking his beer.  Sydney came into the living room.  She said "Tom ok if this is you trying show me how I make you feel I'm sorry. I don't mean to do that to you.  I just don't."  He said "Sydney I told you I'm not mad at you."   She said "Tommy if you're not mad why aren't you talking to me.  you've barely said a word to me since we left.  Is it cause Booker hugged me."  He said "no, come here."  He held out his hand.  She took it.  He put her on his lap. 

He said "Baby I'm not mad at you ok.  I'm sorry that I haven't been talking.  I just have been thinking about this case."  Sydney said "oh."  Tom said "I don't want to do this case Syd." Sydney said "Why."  He said "couple reasons.  The first one is I don't want you around all these college guys."  Sydney said "Babe don't worry. They will know not to mess with me cause of you ok."  He said "Syd you need to stay with me at all times I don't want you alone, or you going off with Judy alone.  I need to be with you ok."  Sydney said "I promise Tommy."  Sydney kissed his cheek.

Sydney said "Tommy what's the other reason?" He said "Baby forget it ok. It doesn't matter." He said "Baby I forgot what time did you say Judy was coming to help you with your makeup?"  She said "3:00." Tom said "so what does Mrs. Hanson want to do until then."  She smiled. So did he.  He said "you hungry."  She said "Starving." He said "ok you want to go out for lunch."  She said "no."  She smiled.  He said "ok so you want to cook me lunch I hear you."  She laughed.  She said "no."  He said "you want to order delivery."  She smiled she said "no."  He said "oh so what you want me to cook you lunch huh."  She laughed.  She said "Hanson I said I was starving, but I didn't say I was starving for food."  She smiled.  He grinned.  Sydney kissed him. Tom carried her to the bedroom. 

Afterwards, Tom rolled onto his back.  Sydney laid her head on his chest. Tom and Sydney both said at the same time "now I am starving."  They laughed.   Sydney said "you want to walk to Subway?"  Tom said "Sure."  They got dressed.  The girl at Subway is always the one that is usually there when they go.  She knows the  sandwiches and they don't have to say anything.  She said "hey Sydney."   Sydney said "hi."  She saw Sydney's rings.  She said "oh my God you guys finally got married. Congratulations."  Sydney said "Thank you."  She smiled.  She said "your man did good, those rings are huge."  Sydney laughed.  She said "yes I love them they are beautiful."  She kissed Tommy.  Tom said "I don't know if the rings are beautiful, I think it's the girl wearing them."  Tom smiled.  Sydney hugged him. They ate and then walked home.