CHAPTER 78: DORM LIFE

Tom was driving, but hadn't said a word.  He was seeing Booker hugging Sydney in his head over and over.  Sydney thought he was upset about his friend and how he couldn't save her life.  Sydney said "Tom."  He said "yeah."  She said "I'm sorry about you're friend, and you having to do this case." He said "Thanks."  She said "that is what you're upset about or did I do something to make you mad?"  He said "Syd I'm not mad at you. I'm just driving ok." She said "ok you just haven't said a word since we left."  He said "I'm trying to drive ok, just concentrating on driving" She said "ok I'm sorry to bother you."  He said "you're not."

Judy called and said they were headed over to get her bag But could she just leave her car in the parking garage, then Tom and Sydney could go on. Booker needed to stop some place else before heading over. Sydney said "yeah that's fine."  She told Tom the plan. .  Tom said "Abby you ready to go on a trip."  Abby got all excited jumping on Tom's leg.  He picked her up, put her leash on.   Tom said "Sydney you ready?"  They left.

They drove to the college. Tom and Sydney walked Abby around let her go to the bathroom.   The dorm mom met them outside. She said "Come in I'll show you around."   When they walked in to the  living room, there were a group of girls sitting on the sofas and chairs.  They all looked at Tommy.  Tom was carrying Abby, and had the bags.  Sydney had her arm around Tom's waist.   The dorm mom got a call she said "wait here, I'll show you around in a minute."  A couple girls came over.   One girl said "hi I'm Cindy, so what's your name."  She was looking at Tom. Tom said "married"  and he held up his and Sydney's  hand to show their rings."  She said "dang that's too bad." Sydney started for her.  Tom said "Baby"  he whispered in Sydney's ear "it's ok let it go."  He kissed Sydney's cheek.

The girls said "oh your dog is so adorable."  Sydney said "yes we think so. She is our baby."  They said "Can we pet her."  Sydney said "no Tommy doesn't want strangers petting her."  Tom laughed.  She elbowed him in the chest.  He stopped laughing.  The dorm mom came back.  Sydney said "Tommy and I would like to go to our room now."  She said "ok right this way."

When they entered their room, Tom put Abby down.  He said "that hurt Sydney."  She said "Those damn bitches.  I can't believe this shit.  I can't go anywhere with you Hanson. Dammit."  Tom said "Babe calm down."  He pulled her to him. He went to kiss her.  She said "Tom how am I supposed to calm down. That's easy for you to say Hanson." Tom said "Sydney you're getting upset for no reason.  I love you. Come here."  He kissed her.  He said "Baby why don't we try out the bed."  Sydney said "no Hanson. Why did I agree to do this case. You wanted to quit, I should of let you. There is a whole dorm full of beautiful girls down there all eying you like you're a glass of ice cold water and they are trapped outside in 115 degree heat with no shade."  He said "Sydney look I made it clear I'm married ok."  Sydney said "I know that and I appreciate you did that. But why do you have to be so hot and sexy and handsome, girls all flock to you, totally ignore me being with you."

He said "Syd I'm sorry. I only want you to think I'm hot and sexy and handsome. I didn't even notice them ok. You're beautiful. You're the only girl I'm looking at."  He kissed her forehead and hugged her.  He said "But now you see how I feel."  Sydney said "What"  He said "you are a smoking hot, beautiful, sexy gorgeous woman, and every guy looks at you and wants you."  Sydney said "no they don't. That's not true."  He said "it is you just don't don't see yourself the way other's do." Tom said "hey you do know I'm probably going to be getting in a lot of fights here, cause I won't let guys look at you and hit on you."  Tom kissed her.  He said "let's try out this bed." Tom kissed her neck.

Sydney said "Tom why did you have to carry Abby in."  He said "What I always do"  Sydney said "Don't you know that just made it hundred times worse, girls love hot guys and puppies, and when they see you're so sweet to a puppy."  Tom smiled.  He said "Baby calm down, please don't worry about it. You have nothing to worry about. I love you."  He kissed her.   He said "now about that bed, we really need to test it out."  Sydney said "you're right."  He grinned.  She said "I think Abby and I will take a nap."  Tom said "Sydney."  She laughed.  He said "oh so you're teasing me."  She laughed.  She kissed him.  He took her blue dress off of her, and carried her to the bed.