CHAPTER 87: SYDNEY AND ANNA ROUND TWO

Tom said "Sydney I'm sorry I got caught up in being here. I didn't offer to get you anything to eat. I'm sorry."  Sydney said "it's fine. I'm not hungry."  He said "it looks like they have cookies and other desserts and snacks.  I can go get us a plate."  Sydney said "Tom if you want."  Tom said "ok you sit down and I'll go get us a plate"  He kissed her and left.  She watched him walk away.  She said oh Tommy I love you so much.  She was looking around for Anna.

She called Judy.  Booker answered cause Judy was out with Abby.  Booker said "hey Syd Jude's out with Abby. How ya holding up."  Sydney said "not good."  Booker said "I'm sorry sweetheart. We're thinking about you."  Sydney said "Thanks." Judy came in.  Booker said "hey Jude it's Syd. I'll take Abby and feed her."  

Judy said "how's it going."  Sydney said "Terrible. I can't take it much longer. I feel like I'm ready to just snap.  All these people who are trying be all nice to me. I just hate them all, and so I'm being rude to them"  Judy said "good they deserve it."  Sydney said "well Tommy doesn't think it's good. He's getting mad at me."  She said "oh I'm sorry."  Sydney said "you know Judy I really love Tommy. But he is really starting to make me mad."  She said "honey I'm sure. This is all too much on you."  Sydney said "it is I'm having so many flashbacks.  I mean memories I had managed to forget, they are all coming back to me. In waves. I feel paralyzed, I want to run, but my legs won't move, and worst of all I haven't spotted Anna yet. If Tommy even says hi to her I think I will lose it on him."

She said "honey tell Tommy you don't feel well and you want to go."  Sydney said "I can't. When we got up to the door to come in, I lost it, I froze, I ran back to car, and begged and pleaded with him to go back home with me to Abby. But he said no."  Judy said "What you begged him to leave and he said no."  Sydney said "yes."  Judy said "honey I'm so sorry."  Sydney said "he's coming I got to go."

Tom came back and was smiling.  He said "baby I got you something that will help calm your nerves."  He handed her a strawberry margarita.  he said "hey the bartender had sangria so I had him mix it in.  I know it won't be like the best but."  Sydney said "Thanks but Tommy no I don't want it."  He said "Sydney I think a drink is what you need to calm you down."  Sydney said "Tom I said no."  He said "fine. I'll go pour it down the drain then."  Sydney said "you don't have to do that. I'm sure one of the bitches in here would love to have it."  He said "Why are they bitches, you don't even know them. I don't understand why you are being like this."  Sydney looked at him.

Tom sat down. He had a beer.  He put her drink on the table and went back and got the plates of food. he brought cheese, crackers, carrots, and cookies.  He said "if you want something else let me know. They have lots of appetizers."  She said "Thanks."  He said "Who were you talking to."  She said "Booker."  He looked at her. He said "why the hell you call Booker."  She said " I called Judy."  He said "right and yet you talk to Booker not Judy."  She said "I talked to Judy. Booker answered her phone. Judy was out with Abby."  he said "oh."  Sydney said "and for the record if I want to call Booker I can call Booker. Dennis is my friend whether you like it or not."  He looked at her.  He said "you want to stop with the attitude."  Sydney shot him a look.

Tom said "I'm sorry. I'm just not use to you being so mean, and looking at me with that look in your eyes."  Sydney said "What look I can't see my own eyes Hanson."  He said "Well I sure don't see the love I usually see.  You look like you don't even know me."  She said "I'm sorry. I'm not trying to hurt you or be a bitch to you."  Tom said "I know that and I'm sorry. I need to not be so sensitive and take it like a man. It just surprised me and hurts. And I know you are friends with Booker. I accepted that when you became friends."

Tom said "Syd I'm sorry about how I acted when you refused the drink. It just hurts that you won't drink around me any more cause you don't trust me."  Sydney said "that's not why Tom."  He said "really I think it is, cause you haven't had a drink since the night we left for Vegas."  Sydney said "I don't feel like drinking."  He said "ok do you want me to get you a diet pepsi, a water, tea."  Sydney said "diet pepsi would be good."  He said "ok."  He left.