CHAPTER 102: REUNITED BUT FOR HOW LONG

Tom said "Sydney can I go down and get you something to drink or eat.  You look a little pale.  I know this is all a shock for you.  I'm sorry. I didn't know how to tell you. I probably messed up."  Sydney said "some lemonade would be good, and can you get Abby's cookies."  He said "Sure."  He came back.

He said "So you ok?"  He put his arm around her.  She hugged him.  She said "yeah I just my mind is racing.  I mean when you told me about this friend of yours, I was jealous, I was hurt, cause you felt guilty for her but not for me, and then you told what you all did, and I thought for sure you had forgotten me."

Tom said "no Michelle. I could never forget you."  He bent down and gently kissed top of her head.  He sat down facing her.

Sydney said "So I'm just remembering the things what all you said about her, and realizing all this time you were talking about me."  He said "yeah I was, it's mind blowing I know. Honey I'm so sorry for all the pain and hurt I've caused you. when I think about how you have worried and stressed out over telling me your past, thinking you would lose me cause I hated you, if I only would have told you about my friend, and told you her name, or what I had done. But I was scared for you to know..  All the dreams, all the stress, it's all my fault. "

Sydney said "I'm sorry I know I'm all over the place. I have so many questions. So where do you think this private eye got this information. I mean you think that he made it up, that he actually typed it up himself making it look like?"  Tom said "no I don't think he did that, this guy is legit, he worked with my dad on some cases, and I don't think he would do that to me, plus I pulled up the information, your obit was on the Miami Beach paper website, plus I went to "  Sydney said "right my grave. I can't even. I mean I have a grave Oh my God Tommy."

Tom said "look honey I am going to call that cemetery and have them do an investigation. I mean I am going to get that grave removed. I want to press charges on whoever did this. They need to pay."  Sydney said "I'm so sorry I mean you grieved me you actually went and talked to me."  Tom smiled.  He said "Well I thought I was talking to you, I guess I wasn't. Thank God."

Sydney said "so do you think that maybe there is a body buried there and somehow it got mistaken with my name."  Tom said "there may be a body there, but I don't know how the hell it would be mistaken.  Someone had to put your name on that grave. But I don't like it. I'm going to get that name taken off. I don't want a grave with your name on it.   I'm going to call I'm sorry. I should have already taken care of that. Syd I was in shock, first at you being alive, and actually I ended up in love and married to you, and then you being mad and wanting a divorce.  When you left me I was falling apart. I was a mess.  I mean I finally got cleaned up, took a shower, sobered up."

Sydney said "you just drank with the guys right."  Tom said "yes at home. I only went out of the apartment once baby and that was with all the guys to the liquor store."

Sydney said "Tommy I guess I should be honest. I kind of have a secret."  Tom said "ok  "  She smiled.  She said "but this was just like this weekend secret."  He said "oh ok. You don't need to tell me if you don't want to."  She said "you know when you talked to Judy, I mean when she called you at the airport, and when she called you at home on the home phone."  Tom nodded.  He said "she did that because I asked her to so that I could hear your voice. And so that I could make sure you were home. I mean I was freaking out about how horribly I acted, and how I had told you I wanted a divorce, and ran out on you, and I was afraid if you went and got drunk, girls would flock to you to try and cheer you up, and."  Tom said "first I'd never put myself in that position. I wouldn't do something stupid like that Syd.  I was hoping if I could just get you to talk to me and listen I could explain. I was hoping when you realized the girl I was telling you about was you, that it would make things better."