CHAPTER 39: DOUG'S BIG GOOF

Fuller gave Harry a case, there was a Vietnamese gang, that was going through the neighborhood and terrorizing the older Vietnamese store owners. They made them pay them money each week, in order to stay safe and keep their worker's and customers safe, they paid them each week. Harry got in with the head of the gang, and the guy took Harry under his wing.  Harry told him he was the only one from his family that survived, except he had a grandma that was still in Vietnam, but he had no idea if she survived, or where she was, if she was even alive.  Harry was hanging out a lot with the head guy Locke.  Locke asked him one day if he would do him a big favor. He explained that Locke's girlfriend's father and mother didn't like him, and had didn't want their daughter to see him, so he wanted Harry to go over, pretend that he was her boyfriend and was going to take her on a date.  Harry agreed to do it.  Harry thought that Locke's girlfriend Kim was beautiful. The plan worked, her parent's actually approved of him, and invited him to come for dinner. Harry enjoyed talking to them.  Harry was beginning to fall for Kim, and Kim was flirting with him. One day she and Harry were hanging out and walking and talking.  

Harry called Sydney and Tom's. Tom answered. He said "hey Hanson is um Sydney there."  Tom said "yeah she's in the kitchen making us delicious dinner."  Harry said "oh ok "  Tom said "just a minute I'll get her." Tom said "baby Harry is on phone for you."  She said "ok." She took the phone in the kitchen.  She said "hey what's up,."  He said "if you're busy." She said "no I'm just making Tommy some enchiladas, you want to come over?"  he said "um yeah if you don't mind. I need to ask you some advice."  She said "ok see you soon."  Sydney said "Harry is coming over."  He said "cool. I'm going to take a quick shower."  He kissed her and left.

Harry came up. She said "hey." She hugged him.  She said "What's up." He said "where's Hanson?" She said "Taking a shower." He said "well you know I'm on this case, about the gang extorting these older store owners."  Sydney said "yes."  He said "well I got three problems."  She said "oh ok what?" He said "well first I kind of like this head gang leader Locke. He and I really click. Have the same interests, same views. I know he's doing bad, and I want to bust him, but I mean I hate it when you kind of like the guy."  Sydney said "I know. It sucks."  He said "so problem two is he trusts me, and he has a beautiful girlfriend, she is sweet and she and I kind of click, and I'm starting to fall for her."  Sydney said "oh well does she is she in love with this Locke, or does she know he is doing all these bad things?"  He said "I'm not sure if she knows all he does, but I thought she loved him, but she kind of hit on me the other day."  Sydney said "ok well you really like this girl huh."  He said "yeah. But I mean I can't just go after her"  Sydney said "Why You are a better guy for her. I mean Locke is going to end up in prison, and you are sweet, and gorgeous, and handsome, and a really good man. She would be lucky to have you."  He smiled and said "Thanks."  Tom said "Who would."  He came sat by Sydney.  Sydney said "Harry kind of likes the guy relates to him the main gang leader, and he has fallen for the guys girlfriend, and she likes Harry, she hit on him."  Tom said "oh well I agree you would be a better man for her. I mean this Locke guy is headed to prison once we bust him for extortion."  Sydney said "why can't you go out with her You don't owe Locke anything, I mean you're going to bust him." Tom said "I agree I mean it's not like you were friends first, and are true brothers, like a bro code." Harry said "look I guess I'm old fashioned, she's dating this guy, I don't move in on a guy, and also I mean she is beautiful, but do I really want a girl who is going to like be with a guy, and then hit on his friend, if that's the case" Sydney said "well yeah she actually isn't good enough for you if you ask me. So hon you said you had 3 problems."  He said "yeah well see her parents strict Vietnamese and they don't like Locke, so they won't let her see him, so Locke asked me to pretend to be her boyfriend and go get her, then take her to him. But her parents are really cool, They like me, and asked me to come to family dinners. I enjoy talking to them, about Vietnam. And her dad even said that he can help me maybe find my grandma."  Tom and Sydney said "That's great." He said "yeah but I just feel so dishonest and like I'm deceiving them, I mean they think I'm taking good care of Kim, They trust me. They think I'm honorable towards her. If they knew I was taking her to Locke."  Tom said "I get it man, but I mean then tell Locke you can't do it."  Harry said "and if I do that, then he isn't going to want me around, and he isn't going to let me in on his next weekly cash pickup."  Sydney said "well hopefully what that is going to be soon right, Tom said all the guys are going to sit back and watch then follow you and bust you, so that you're cover isn't blown. So can't you just hold on a little longer, and just take Kim. Unless you decide you want to go out with her yourself."  Harry said "I do, but I mean she made a play for me, yet she is still with him. When they are together they are all over each other."  Sydney said "I'm sorry."  She hugged him.  She said "my enchiladas should be ready."  Tom said "hey I hope you get information on your grandma."  Harry said "yeah me too, he says he has contacts" Tom said "well I know that Sydney's enchiladas will make you feel better, and you can  brag to Doug since you had some and he didn't."  Harry said "yeah but then I'll have to hear Penhall whine."  They laughed.