CHAPTER 44: SAVING TOM

Sydney and Judy went to the chapel.  Booker was sitting doing some paperwork.  Booker said "hey ladies did you come to take me out for drinks."  Sydney ran to Booker.  She said "Booker I don't have time for you to be flirting, where is Captain" Booker said "calm down."  She said "Don't tell me to calm down, I need to see Adam, he's not in his office where is he. Is he here, has he left for the day my God tell me where he is."  Booker said "ok slow down take a breath. He's not here."  Sydney was crying.  She said "oh my God."  Judy said "Booker where did he go"  Booker said "he left here about hour ago. A Mr. Weckerly called asked him to come over."

Sydney said "oh my God oh my God."  Booker said "Sydney calm down tell me what's wrong."  She said "i don't know what to do. Tom's life is in danger. I need to get Fuller."  Sydney was crying.  Judy was trying to comfort her.  Judy said "did Captain say he was coming back."  Booker said "I think so. He had some paperwork to do. Sydney what is wrong with Tom. He's in Miami Beach right."  Sydney said "no he lied we lied he never went there, he had Ms Burrows the social worker for Kenny, incarcerate him, he wanted to try and help Kenny. They are torturing Kenny, and Tom went in to help, but something's wrong, he is in danger. I have to get him out."  Sydney got her gun out of her purse.  Booker said "hold on sweetheart, look I can't let you go out in this state of mind. Put your gun away. I'll help you ok."   He hugged her.  He said "ok slow down and tell me why do you think are you just worried."  Judy said "no he was supposed to they had a deal, he would call her every night at 7, she told him if he didn't call she would get him out. He didn't call tonight."  She said "something's wrong, you should have seen how they treated him. when we admitted him"

Booker said "Ok I'm going to call Adam get him here, Judy take Sydney to sit down, and get her a drink of water."  She did.  Booker called Fuller told him we have a big problem.  Adam came right away.  Sydney said "Please Captain I know you're going to be mad and you have every right to be, but please first I need you to help me get Tom."  He said "Does this have anything to do with Kenny Weckerly."  Sydney said "yes how do you know that/" He said "well I just came from Weckerly's father's house.  Mr Weckerly wanted to apologize to me and to Tom and you, he wished he would have believed you."  Sydney said "what why the change of heart."  Fuller said "they found Kenny dead this morning."  Sydney said "oh my God no. oh no. "  She fell back,  but Booker caught her, and helped her sit down. Fuller said "he tried to escape in the air conditioning vents, but his shirt got stuck, he suffocated."  Booker said "Captain Tom didn't go to Miami Beach, I guess he went in, had this social worker pretend to be his mom, and have him incarcerated."  Judy said "he had a deal he would call Sydney and let her know that he was ok, his time was 7, but tonight he didn't call."  Fuller said "ok let's go, we will split up when we get there."  They sped over.  Fuller said "Judy and I will talk to the manager and the nurse. Booker you take Sydney and go ask around."  

The nurse didn't want to answer any questions, so she called Rafferty. He took them in his office.  Fuller said "You have one of my officers."  Judy said "he came in under the name of Tom Henderson"  Rafferty said "no we don't have anyone here by that name.  I can get our records for you."  

Sydney and Booker went around to the patients, but no one would talk to them.  Tina came up to them.  She said "hey you are hot. I'm Tina, what's your name."  He said "Dennis."  She kissed him.  Sydney hit him.  Booker said "Tina I'm a little busy here, I'm looking for a friend of mine."  Sydney said "please have you seen this guy, she held up her phone, it was a picture of her and Tom on it."  Tina said "so is your name Sydney?"  She said "yes how did you know that."  She said "oh I met your boyfriend. He's a hottie. I tried to kiss him."  Sydney said "you did."  She said "but he didn't let me he backed up."  Booker said "have you seen him?"  Sydney said "tell me where he is."  She said "you know he loves you a lot, he talked all about you in group, saying how he loves you. He went on and on."  Sydney said "I love him too, can you tell me where he is please. I need to find him."