CHAPTER 25: THE ANNIVERSARY AND TOM'S KIDNAPPED

Tom said "Sydney um I was needing to talk to you after my meeting with Fuller."  Sydney said "ok."  He said "um I was wondering, after my meeting with Fuller, if maybe you and I, I mean tonight, I mean well."  Sydney and Judy laughed.  Sydney said "Tom just say it, why are you having trouble talking."  Tom said "well I was wanting to know, Harry is going to take my place tonight, guarding Johnny, and Judy can to if she wants to, but I was wanting to know if you and I could go to the Galleria, and eat at Mi Cocina."  Doug said " Syd you'll break his heart, if you say no."  Sydney said "you want to go eat tonight."  Tom said "yeah but I suppose you'd rather hang out with Johnny."  Sydney said "well it's not every day that a girl gets the chance to hang out with her favorite actor, Johnny Depp."  He said "ok I figured it's just well never mind. It's ok." Sydney said "I mean we eat at Mi Cocina all the time, and Johnny is only here for a few more days."    Tom said "right I'll call and cancel the reservations."

Sydney said "Hanson, I didn't say no, you didn't let me finish, but why would you make reservations to Mi Cocina. I mean it is come and go, they always have a table."  Tom said "I know, but I wanted a specific table." Sydney said "you did."  He said "yeah, but it's not a big deal. I'll cancel."  Sydney said "Hanson, I didn't say no, ok so don't look so hurt. So why do you want one specific table."  Tom said "cause."  Sydney said "cause why." Doug said "geez Hanson's been driving me, Harry, and even Johnny crazy talking about this night, and you don't even know?" Tom said "Doug drop it." Sydney said "I don't know what."  Tom said "nothing. Let's just drop it please." Sydney said "no Tom why did you want us to have one particular booth, tell me." He said "cause it's a special day." Judy said "it is, what is the special day?" Sydney said "wow I can't believe you remembered Hanson?"

Judy said "what did he remember?" Tom said "wait so you know what day it is."  Tom smiled.  Sydney said "of course I do, I'm surprised you do though."  Judy said "what day guys, can someone stop and fill me in." Tom said "it's today is our one year anniversary."  Sydney laughed. So did Judy. Sydney said "hey Hanson, did we get married, and I missed it?"  Tom said "no Sydney but damn I wish."  Everyone laughed. Judy said "so one year of what, you being her man, but she's not your girl."  Tom said "yes."  Sydney laughed.  Sydney said "I'm teasing you Tom. No today one year ago, Tom walked in to Jump Street, and I took him to the Galleria, and picked out his clothes, and bitched at him all day, and treated him like crap, then we went and ate at Mi Cocina.  I can't believe you remembered."  Doug said "remember, the man has been driving us crazy about it."  Harry said "yes he is like obsessed with this."  Sydney laughed.  

Sydney said "So Tom you really reserved the booth we sat in by the rink?"  He said "yes ma'am I did."  Sydney said "I knew what day it was, I just can't believe you did."  Sydney was crying.  Tom said "Baby don't cry."  Sydney said "it's happy tears Tommy, I can't believe you remembered." Tom said "how could I forget, walking in here and seeing the most beautiful gorgeous woman in the world, who quickly stole my heart, how could I forget meeting my future bride for the first time."   Sydney burst out into tears, and ran out of the room.  Tom said "those didn't look like happy tears, what did I say?"  Judy said "I'll go after her." She followed Sydney to the ladies locker room.  She came in.  She said "hey you ok.,"  Sydney said "yes, I just made a fool of myself, I tried not to, but I couldn't keep the tears in."  She said "I know."  Sydney said "it's just when  he said he met me for the first time, it really hurt me.  I mean I know I was glad he didn't recognize me, but I sometimes wish that I would have just told him that first day, then if he was horrified by me, maybe he could just have requested to never work with me. But I was too horrified by the thought, so I was relieved when he didn't recognize me. And now I'm so much more in love with him, than I ever thought I could be."  She said "Sydney I get it, but I really think that Tom is so in love with you, it's not going to matter."  Sydney said "i am too afraid he will be horrified."  Sydney washed her face. Then she went back out with Judy.