CHAPTER 76: THE COED CASE

A few days passed, Tom and Sydney went to work.  They took a shower.  Tom said "Syd you sure you're ready to "  She said "Hanson yes the doc cleared me yesterday."  He said "I know he did, but still I'm worried about you."  She said "I know and I love you for it. But I'm fine."  He kissed her.  She said "Hanson we're going to be late.  I'll make us some toast."  

They went to the Chapel.  Booker, and Judy were sitting at Judy's desk looking at a magazine.  Doug wasn't there yet.  Harry came in with Tom and Sydney.  Fuller said "Sydney how you feeling?  You ready to get back to work or if you need some more time?"  She said "no I'm good. I got a doctor's release, Tom took me yesterday." Tom said "Sydney."  She said "Tom I'm fine, don't worry about me, it's just bruises."   Adam  said "very good. I have some work to do, but I have cases for everyone. So I'll call you in when I'm ready."

Judy said "I'm starving guys."  Sydney said "So am I.  I only had time for toast, we um got up late."  Tom had his arms around her waist.  She leaned into him.  He kissed her neck.  Tom said "yeah my fault, she was dressed and ready, but I kind of had to undress her."  He kissed her.  Booker said "Hanson."  They both looked.  Booker laughed.  He said "sorry this going to take some getting used to two Hanson's.  I mean Tommy too much information dude."  Everyone laughed.  Harry said "yeah I agree with  Booker."  Tom said "baby since it's my fault, we only had time for toast, do you want me to go to McDonald's and get breakfast for you and Judy"  Sydney said "yes babe, that would be great. You are so sweet."  She kissed him.  They were kissing.  Judy laughed.  She said "hey guys you can't blame them they are newlyweds."  

Tom said "Harry you want something."  Harry said "yeah I'll go with you."  Tom said "ok, Booker you want something."  Booker said "yeah sausage egg biscuit,   He was going to get some cash.  Tom said "no it's on me."  Tom said "baby you and Judy want your usual."  She said "yep."  Tom said "baby you want me to swing by and get you a strawberry banana smoothie."  She said "yes please you take such good care of me."  He kissed her.  He said "that's my job baby, I'm your husband."  He kissed her.  He said "I guess I'll get Doug something"  Sydney laughed and said "babe you know Doug is going to want breakfast."  Adam came out.  Tom said "Captain I was going to make a breakfast run, do I have time and do you want anything?"  He said "yes and no thanks. I already had a big breakfast."  Tom said "ok."  Fuller said "when you get back and when Penhall gets here we will go over cases.  Hanson and Hanson you will be on a case with Booker and Hoffs. Harry you and Penhall are one another case."  

Tom kissed her and left.  Sydney said "dang Judy he is driving me crazy."  She said "honey I know but he's worried about you. It upsets him to see you all bruised up and you did have a concussion."  Sydney said "I know but I'm fine."

Judy got a phone call from her dad.  He said he needed talk if she had time. So she left to go in the office to take the call.  Booker said "Hey Sydney how are you feeling honest answer."  Sydney said "I'm ok."  He said "I'm not just meaning your face. I heard from Judy that Tommy took advantage of you being drunk, you didn't know you were getting married."  She said "yeah I was a little shocked, I was more freaked out about the fact that I got so drunk and blacked out like that.  I mean I've never been drunk like that before.  But just it upset me that I told him part of my dreams"

Booker said "Did he get you drunk?"  She said "no he says he tried to stop me, told me to slow down, but I told him no that he was no fun and being the drink police."  Booker laughed.  He said "well that does sound like something you'd say."  She laughed.  

He said "well you look happy actually glowing is more like it.  Marriage definitely is good on you."  She smiled.  He said "I still don't understand how you got hurt on your honeymoon?"  Sydney said "Booker it's not Tommy's fault ok. I fell.  It's totally my fault.  I was running and should have turned on light. But I forgot I was in hotel and not familiar to the room. I was running to the bathroom, but I tripped and hit the table and it made me fall head first.  Tommy was so scared and freaked out."  Booker said "I can imagine he was. So you had a nightmare."