CHAPTER 80: TOM AND BOOKER AND THE CAR

Sydney woke up in the morning.  Tom was watching her sleep.  He said "morning baby."  She said "Tommy. I'm sorry I didn't mean to sleep so you carried me in."  He said "yes and then Booker and Judy took Abby out for me."  Sydney said "I thought you wanted to."  He said "Baby you need sleep ok. So do I."  He kissed her.  He said "hey can I ask you something."  She said "sure."  He said "why aren't you having your swirls?"  She said "Tom I just don't feel like it ok. What's the big deal. Why is it bothering you?"  He said "it's I just know you love them. I guess it's bothering me, cause I'm feeling like maybe it's cause of me, and if that's the case then I feel bad."  Sydney said "Tom it's not a big deal. I just don't feel like it. Don't feel bad there's nothing to feel bad about."

Tom said "Sydney is it cause you don't trust me. I mean cause the last time you drank we ended up married."  Sydney said "Tommy I told you I'm thrilled we are married.  I am treasuring each moment being your wife."  He said "good. I'm treasuring each moment being your husband."  Sydney kissed him.  He said "but."  She said "But look Tom I'm still a little freaked out that I drank so much.  I mean I've never been drunk and hung over, and so to be blacked out, lose time, not know what was happening I mean last thing I remember was Jakes.  I was so happy and wanting to celebrate, and having fun. ."  Tom said "So you don't trust me anymore. To be out with me."  Sydney said "Tom I trust you, this isn't about you.  It's about me having a clear head especially now."  Tom said "Sydney I'm sorry ok.  I know I took advantage of you.  I really tried talk myself out of it. Cause I knew it was wrong. But I love you so much, and you had told me no and I was really losing my nerve."  Sydney said "Tom look I get why you asked me.  I laughed at the waitress saying that, and it hurt you, and to be fair I owed you the reason I was saying no. I should have told you.  I'm not mad that you asked and that we got married. In  fact I'm happy you did. I trust you. It's just Tom I need to be in control. I mean it freaks me out that I was so drunk I didn't even know what I was saying or doing. I could have told you my secret."  He said "Syd I wouldn't have asked you. I know you would have felt violated, and been upset and felt betrayed by me. So do you feel betrayed that I."  Sydney said "Tom no babe I'm sorry how I reacted.  I was shocked. I mean I didn't expect to wake up married. But I loved our wedding, it was beautiful. I will treasure it.  I'm so excited to get our wedding pictures soon and the video. I mean I know we have the pics and video on your phone, but the official ones."  He said "I know I can't wait, to hang up our official wedding picture next to our fake wedding picture."  They laughed.

Tom said "Sydney you can trust me ok. I won't try I'll never do anything like that again ok."  Sydney said "I know Tommy. I just don't feel like drinking ok. I trust you. It's not about you."  He said "Sydney you aren't going to lose me ok."  Sydney said "Tom I'll tell you all about my past and my secret when we go to Miami Beach I promise. Can we just until then enjoy being newlyweds."  He said "yes ma'am. So I don't want to upset you ok, so maybe I should just forget it."  Sydney said "no go on."  He said "ok I just am really sorry about last night my comment. I didn't even think and I feel bad cause I know I should have known better."  Sydney said "hey Hanson it's ok.  Look for Judy and Booker and you. You all had normal high school years ok. So I get why you said it."  He said "I just wasn't even thinking.  I mean but I should be smarter. I feel bad.  I know you were hurt badly and terrorized and tormented. I really wish I could make them all pay."  She said "thanks."

He said "we don't need talk about your bullies or what they did. I just this guy you fell in love with."  Sydney said "yeah what about him."  Tom said "you said you thought he was your friend."  Sydney said "yeah I did."  He said "So you hung out with him."  Sydney said "yeah when he wasn't with his girlfriend, we studied together. His mom was really sweet to me. We hung out and talked a lot even went bowling."  He said "and he turned on you."  Sydney said "yeah I thought I had a date with him to um prom, but he didn't."  Sydney was praying she saw something in Tom's eyes, a  look, anything to show her he remembered Michelle, and that he felt bad about it.  But she saw nothing. She was crushed that it didn't trigger any thing in Tom.  Tom said "I'm sorry he hurt you baby. I get why you think I'm going to hurt you. Why you don't believe you can be happy.  But your mom was wrong.  I am going to tell you that every day."  he kissed her.  She said "Hanson make love to me please."  He did.  He said "ok Mrs. Hanson. We need get up and go take Abby outside. Get her breakfast. Then maybe we can go eat breakfast and come back up here." She said "ok."