CHAPTER 105: DREAMS DO COME TRUE

Tom was driving home.  He said "hey baby."  He looked at her.  She was asleep.  Tom smiled to himself.  He said "Abby mommy is sleepy."  They pulled in.  Tom said "Dang how am I going to carry her upstairs and get Abby up I can't leave Abby in the car alone."  

Sydney woke up.  She said "Tommy I can walk."  He said "I hope I didn't wake you."  She said "no I'm sorry I dozed off."  Tom said "it hurt my feelings a little, but."  He grinned."  She laughed.

Tom said "honey you do know that you are going to need to get lots of rest, sleep ok."  She said "I know Tommy"  Tom said "baby why don't you go lay down, take a nap."  She said "I'm fine, can we just get in the recliner."  Tom said "Sure."  

Sydney said "I'm going to go to the bathroom and I'll grab us a pillow and blanket."  He said "ok."  Tom had got Sydney some milk, and had it by the recliner on the coffee table.  Tom got himself a beer.  He said "hey baby I got you some milk."  She said "Thanks."  He opened his beer, he said "Damn I'm sorry baby."  He got up.  She said "What's wrong."  Tom said "I need to pour this beer out."  Sydney laughed.  She said "Babe you do realize that I'm the one whose going to have the baby right."  Tom said "Of course I know that."  She said "then it's ok, you can drink Tom."  Tom said "I don't want to drink in front of you."  Sydney said "it's sweet of you, but you know that I can't stand the taste of beer so it's fine."  Tom said "you sure."  She nodded.  He kissed her.

Sydney said "Tommy maybe I should give you a massage. I mean you look really tense and stressed."  He said "of course I'm stressed my wife is pregnant."  She laughed.  He said "Honey I just want to make sure I keep you and the baby safe."  She said "I know."  She kissed him.  She said "can I give you a massage."  Tom said "yeah, but be careful. I don't want you to overdo it."

She said "Tommy don't worry. I feel fine."  She massaged his neck and shoulder.  Tom said "ok my turn thank you."  He kissed her.  He gave her a massage.  Sydney said "That feels heavenly."  He said "I'm glad."

Sydney said "Tommy can we talk."  He said "Sure."  She got on his lap.  She said "ok I told Fuller that I had to quit."  Tom said "Right and you said he understood."  Sydney said "yes."  Tom said "I bet he said he hated to lose you, cause you are the best."  She said "Well he said I'd be hard to replace."  Tom said "You're irreplaceable."  Sydney kissed his cheek.

Sydney said "Tommy he made me an offer, so I told him I needed to run it by you, but I want to do it."  Tom said "ok what so you mean after you have the baby, that is fine Sydney." Sydney said "no Tom I am not going to be a cop I mean work on cases any more. Even after I have the baby. While I do love being a cop, and I am proud of my career, this baby is all that matters, and even after I have the baby, I don't want to take the baby to a babysitter and leave them there all day long.  I mean I want to take care of our baby all the time.  I don't want them to forget me or not know me and think the babysitter is their mom."

Tom said "ok so honey I will support you on whatever you want to do. I mean if you want to stay home with the baby, we will be ok I can support you, the baby, Abby. If I have to do odd jobs or ask mom for help. It will be fine."

Sydney said "Tommy Fuller offered me a job."  He said "ok so tell me about it."  Sydney said "well it would be strictly an office job. I would keep my badge, my same salary, but I would be like a consultant on cases, I would help Fuller, I mean he can't leave town if we have cases, even for a day, cause he has to be here, there is tons of paper work he has to fill out on every case, after he gets our reports. He has to decide which cases we take, which ones we refuse, which cops to put on each case, not to mention all the day to day business to keep the lights on, and the place open. The meetings he has to sit in.  I mean he would like to do cases sometimes and help more, but he has so much like red tape."