CHAPTER 66: CELEBRATING THE NIGHT AWAY

Fuller said "you know ladies before this starts, I just want to say I'm really proud of both of you.  You too are two of the smartest and best officers I've ever had the pleasure to work with."  He hugged them.  Doug, Harry, Booker, and Tom all hugged them told them how proud they were. 

Tom had his arm around Sydney.  They met the Governor, and a lot of the state representatives and dignitaries. It was a long day.  There was a brief break in between breakfast and the meetings and lunch.  Tom said "So baby you think we could call check on Abby."  She said "yes please do Tommy. I'm still worried about her.  What if she gets out.  She doesn't know the neighborhood. If she gets lost." Tom said "ok calm down. I don't think they will let that happen ok.  I'll call."  He called and Dante said she was doing fine.  The kids and Abby were in the kids room playing and having snacks.  Tom reassured Sydney. Dante promised Tom Abby was safe with them, they wouldn't let her near the door.  That he puts Abby's leash on her and is the one who takes her out in the backyard to go to the bathroom. That she is totally safe with them.

They ate lunch, and then at 2:00 they had a ceremony for them.  Before the ceremony Sydney was nervous.  She said "Tommy I want to go home.  I can't do this."  He said "yes you can."  She said "no go on stage in front of all those people.  They will stare and I'll fall down and they will point and laugh, it will be just like high school."  Tom said "Baby no look you can do this ok.  Just look at me. All you need do is look at me. You can do this."  He kissed her forehead and both of her cheeks.  He said "I love you so much." They got a standing ovation. The Senator and Governor said nice words about them.  Tom was smiling at Sydney in the crowd.  She was staring at him, cause she was nervous being in front of all those people. Tom mouthed to her I love you.  She said it back.  He smiled at her.

  He smiled at her

After ceremony Tom went up to Sydney

After ceremony Tom went up to Sydney.  He hugged her.  He said "baby I'm so proud of you."  She said "Thanks but I really don't deserve any of this Tom.  You're the one who should be up here"  He said "no I shouldn't.  You figured it out baby.  You knew something was off. No one had any clue Senator was actually in danger"  She said "Tommy I love you so much.  I wish we could just go home and celebrate the two of us."  He smiled.  He said "just the two of us huh I would love that."  She said "ok then I'll just say I'm kind of tired."  He said "Baby we can't.  Come on Fuller wants to take you and Judy out, and we all celebrate you. You two ladies deserve this ok. So let us guys take you out and celebrate how brilliant you two are."  Sydney said "but a celebration for two would be so much nicer."  She kissed his jaw.  He moaned.  He said "yes baby it would be, after we celebrate at Jakes you and I can celebrate ok."  He kissed her forehead. He said "Syd I love you. I've never loved anyone before like this, you blow my mind."  He hugged her.