CHAPTER 79: ROMANCE

Sydney said "Tom you awake."  He said "yeah."  She said "hey I wanted to tell you I'm so sorry for the way I acted, when I woke up in Vegas from being sick, and realized we were married."  he said "baby no I'm sorry. You had every right to be upset. I really should have waited until you were sober, but I was scared that if I did, you wouldn't marry me."  Sydney said "Tommy all I've ever wanted was to marry you. I'm so happy that we are married."  he said "I'm happy, from the first day I saw you I wanted to marry you."  She felt bad cause she knew it wasn't first time he saw her.  But she tried push that thought out of her mind.

Sydney said "Tommy I'm sorry I told you no every time you proposed. I hated doing it. But I was so scared."  He said "it's ok.  I just wish I would have known why cause I would have tried reassure you.  Anyway I'm excited for you and my mom and Judy to plan our 2nd wedding.  I want you to have your dream wedding."  Sydney said "Tommy no look we don't need to do that. I loved our wedding.  I remember it."  Tom said "I'm so relieved you remember it, but that's not the point.  You should be able to have your dream wedding.  Come on baby when you were little I know you had a horrible childhood and horrible parents, but when you were alone in your room, didn't you ever dream about having a wedding."  Sydney fought back tears.  She said "yeah I did. I would cry myself to sleep at night, and I would wish I lived far away, and had a different life, and I would meet a prince and then he took me far away from my mom and protected me. But then I met this guy, I thought we were friends, I knew he'd never love me, so I dreamed about marrying him."  Tom said "well I'm sorry he hurt you, but I'm glad cause if you would have married him, then I wouldn't have you."  Sydney cried.  Tom said "Baby I didn't mean to make you cry."  She said "it's ok. I'm emotional."    he said "So have you thought about where you want to get married."  Sydney said "Tommy."  He said "I know Judy is really all the help you need to plan , but it means a lot to me and my mom that you're waiting for my mom so she can help. She's so excited to see us in a few weeks."  Sydney said "yeah.'  He said "I'm excited . I can't wait to take you home to Miami Beach."  Sydney said "yeah home. Night Tommy."  He said "I love you."  She said "I love you too."

Sydney looked at Tom. His eyes were closed.  She was going to go to the bathroom. Sydney quietly got up. She was hoping not to wake Abby up, cause then Abby would jingle her collar by jumping down and following her.  Tom said "you trying to escape Officer Hanson."  She laughed.  Sydney said "yeah I'm just heading to the bathroom."  He said "ok. I'll let you go."   Abby ran after her.  Tom went back to sleep. Sydney said "Abby you should go back to sleep with daddy. I'm going to be in here awhile. Abby stayed.  Sydney picked her up. Abby was licking her face.  Sydney said "Abby I love your daddy so much. I'm going to lose him in a few weeks.  And I know it's being selfish of me to want to keep you, cause I know how much you love him and he loves you. I really wish I would have just told him from the first day, but then I wouldn't have him now probably. I dread going to Miami Beach. I hated that place so much and all those people. I still have nightmares about it.  She washed her face and took Abby and  went back and got in bed.

Sydney didn't want to have a nightmare, so she was trying stay awake.  She was leaning over watching Tom sleep.  Tom said "Syd you're still awake, have you slept any?"  She said "no." Tom said "Why are you afraid of having a nightmare."  She nodded. Tom said "Sydney you need to get some help. You can't keep on not getting hardly any sleep. It's not healthy for you."  Sydney said "Tom I don't want to talk to anyone, tell them my deep personal stuff."  He said "I know baby but I worry about you."  Sydney said "I'm fine."

Sydney said "I wonder how Judy's night with Booker is going."  He said "call her and see."  Sydney said "No I don't want to interrupt in case."  Tom said "Sydney you think they will be having sex."  Sydney said "well she wants to, and they are going to be maybe sharing a bed, but then she doesn't want to act on it because of how he is. But if they are sharing the bed and he's holding her."  Tom said "why does she like him Syd."  Sydney laughed.  He said "Sydney let's go to sleep ok I'll hold you.  You keep talking about Booker I'm going to have a nightmare."  She laughed.  She said "Sorry Hanson."  He laughed.  She kissed him.