CHAPTER 27: THE MANSION AND THE NIGHTMARE

Tom said "ok we are here, now let's see if we can find the address." Sydney said "Oh my God Tom look at these beautiful homes."  He found it. Sydney said "Oh my God." She put her hands to her face. Tom smiled. He was watching her. He got his phone and was recording her but she didn't know. She said "Tommy it is so beautiful." he said "yes it is." She said "look at the big yard, the porch, oh Tommy look." Tom said "I'm looking." Sydney looked at him. She said "Hanson, you are filming me." He laughed. He said "I'm sorry baby, but you are so adorable, when you are all excited." Sydney laughed. She said "Tommy don't you love this house." He said "yes it's beautiful. Come on let's go inside." He pulled up, and got out came opened her door, and took her hands. He said "you know baby, this is our first night in our house, I should carry you in, you think." Sydney laughed. She said "yes Hanson." He picked her up. She put her arms around his neck. He said "ok let's go." He carried her in.. The house was beautiful. The room that you entered had wood floor that just shined, and a table, then there was a huge winding staircase. The carpet was all white, with sofas, that reclined, and love seats, and recliners, with a big screen tv, the kitchen was huge and spacious, with a bar, and then a table, then there was a dining room, with a long wooden oak table, and a chandelier, downstairs there was a man cave, with a pool table, and a bar, a big screen tv, love seat and recliners. Tommy said "damn baby look at this man cave." Sydney said "it's beautiful. Let's go look at the backyard." She took his hand. There was a large pool, and a hot tub. Tom said "baby I can't wait to get you in that." He nodded over to the hot tub. Sydney laughed. She said "Hanson I'll have to go back home tomorrow and get my swim suit I didn't bring one." He said "ok."

Tom said "let's go in and see the upstairs." He took her hand. They went up the stairs. The master bed had a big bed, with a fireplace, and then the bathroom had a whirlpool bath. Sydney said "oh Tommy I love this house." He had been filming her. She started to cry. Tom said "Baby don't cry." She said "I'm sorry, it's just this house is so beautiful, but I mean not just cause it is fancy or a mansion, but I love how welcoming it seems, I mean like it was a real home. I mean the family that lived here, had kids, look at the kids rooms we passed, and I mean the big yard, the big beautiful trees, I always dreamed I mean growing up I didn't have a family really, no dad, and my mom was never around. I always walked home from school, and I would pass by all these houses, that had big porch, big yard, trees, kids playing, a swing set. I just always hoped that one day I could have that. I know it's silly. I was a little girl then."

Tom said "hey it's not silly, and you not only can have it, you will have it." Sydney said "Tom you don't understand who I am." Tom said "it doesn't matter who you are. I love you." Sydney said "which room do you want Tommy?" He said "um I'll let you have the master bedroom ok." She said "ok thanks." He said "you want to go downstairs or are you tired." She said "no we can go down to your man cave, see if it is stocked with beer." Tom said "let's go." He took her hand. Fuller had it stocked.

Tom got a beer, and Sydney sat in the recliner with him. He said "you pick what we watch." She said "ok." She said "um Tommy look what is on the guide, Secret Window." He laughed. He said "ok Mrs. Harrison, since we are married now I'll let you watch your heart throb." Sydney laughed. She said "I still can't believe we all met Johnny Depp, huh Hanson." He laughed.

Tom said "Sydney after the movie we need to talk." She said "I can pause it. What's up." He said "ok I just want to make this clear. I know you're a better cop than me ok, but on this case I need to be the lead, we have to do this thing my way." Sydney said "ok Hanson." Tom said "now I don't want a fight with you, I know you're a police officer, but you're also a woman." Sydney said "Hanson I said ok." Tom said "so we do this thing, wait what did you say." Sydney said "Hanson I said ok, on this 1 case, just 1 case, I'll let you be my boss." Tom laughed. He said "for real." She said "yes Hanson." He said "ok it's just that I want to make sure you are safe. So I mean Sydney you are not going to be alone at all. I want you to promise me, you don't go off alone, you don't go off with just Judy. I am with you at all times. These guys are animals." Sydney said "I know and I want you to protect me. I mean I can do self defense, but not on 5 guys Tommy. I know I need you to protect me." Tom said "good thank you." Sydney said 'Thanks so can we watch the movie now." He said "yeah go on."