CHAPTER 84: GOING HOME

Sydney and Tom went through security check point.  Tom said "let's stop get some breakfast and a smoothie."  They ate and went to the gate.  Sydney said "Tommy I'm going to go to the bathroom."  He said "ok I'll walk you."  She said "Tom I can walk by myself. Please just let me go by myself."  He said "ok I'm sorry. I just"  She left.  She was crying.  She sat in there.  She said what am I doing. I can't do this. I need call Judy and see if they can come get me, but what would I tell Tommy.  She called Judy.  Judy said "hey you missing Abby already?"  Sydney said "yeah I don't know what I was thinking I can't do this. I'm in the bathroom and I'm tempted just to take off and run, and have you come get me."

Judy said "do you want us to come get you if that's what you want we can leave right now?"  Sydney said "I don't know what I would tell Tommy. How would I explain?  I mean I got him to let me go on my own but if I don't come back soon, he'll be at the bathroom door sending someone in"  Judy said "tell him you feel sick and you can't fly."  Sydney said "But he really wants to go home and his mom is so excited."  Judy said "Sydney you need to do what's best for you. If that is not going then that's what you need to do."  Sydney said "I need to go back home. I need to face what happened to me, and tell Tommy."  Judy said "ok I'll be thinking about you."  She said "ok thanks give Abby kisses for me."

Sydney went out. Tom was standing by the door.  She said "I knew you couldn't let me have 5 minutes by myself, geez Hanson."  She walked past him left him standing there. He came after her.  He said "I'm sorry ok. I was worried when you didn't come back."  Sydney said "you are always like this, it just drives me insane."  Tom said "ok calm down."  She was raising her voice.  She said "Don't tell me to calm down Hanson. Look at all the couples here, I'm sure that none of these women have to have their husband walk them to the bathroom. I'm surprised you don't insist on going in with me."  Everyone was staring.  Tom said "I'm sorry. I worry about you."  Sydney felt terrible for snapping at him, but she could barely breathe and just wanted some time alone, so she could fall apart.  She was tired of trying to keep it together and not cry and let on how devastating this trip home was going to be for her,

She sat down.  Tom said "Sydney."  She looked at him.  He said "I worry ok I'm sorry. I don't mean to treat you like a baby."  She said "I'm a cop Tom I think I can manage to make it to the bathroom."  He said "and you're a damn good cop, but so is Judy, and she couldn't manage to make it into the restaurant, and sit down without getting herself kidnapped, which led you to being kidnapped, so I'm sorry for worrying about you and not wanting that to ever happen to you again." He  had shouted that at her.  He said "I'm going to the men's room."  he left.  She felt bad, she cried.

Tom said way to go Hanson, yell at her, when she's already upset. I bet she's crying. Tom walked back and sat down.  He saw she had been crying, so he felt horrible for making her cry.  Sydney said "I'm sorry I snapped at you."  Tom said "no I'm sorry. I really don't mean to make you feel trapped or suffocated.  I know you're your own person, and independent woman, I just worry about you ok. I know ever since you were kidnapped but , I just can't help but want to make sure you're safe."  Sydney said "I know Tom. I know you were scared when that happened."  Tom said "Sydney I was terrified, panicked, I felt totally helpless, I mean I couldn't stop what was being done to you, and I totally panicked.  If it wouldn't have been for Booker staying calm, we wouldn't have found you."

Sydney said "So Tommy I hope it's ok that I wait to tell you until tomorrow night. I want the rest of today and tomorrow with you, in case it's my last days with you."  He said "Sydney don't say that. I love you. There's nothing you could tell me. Tell me or don't, I don't need to know."  Sydney said "you do need to know and I'm sorry I should have told you the first day at Jump Street. I just hope you can understand why I didn't."  They boarded the plane.  Sydney said "Tommy I'm going to try and sleep ok."  She wasn't, but she just needed time in her thoughts and not have him talking to her.  He said "that's a good idea. I think I will too." He kissed her.