CHAPTER 46: THE OBSERVATION DECK PROPOSAL

Sydney said "I love coming up here, the view is just beautiful."  Tom stood behind her, and put his arms around her waist, he had his head on her shoulder, was kissing her neck. She turned and faced him.  He said "you are beautiful"  He kissed her. Sydney said "Tommy you have no idea how much tonight has meant to me, you planning this party for me, going thru all the trouble for me."  He said "first it wasn't trouble, and second I'm glad you enjoyed your party. I'm sorry you never had one before."  He hugged her.  He said "Sydney I really can't believe how much you have changed me. I mean I always thought that I never needed anyone, but I need you like the air that I breathe. I thought  that I would never fall in love, never want to be serious with anyone, but from the first day I looked into your beautiful angel eyes I have wanted nothing else, than to be with you forever. My heart beats only for you, and it will always be only you."  He took her hand and put it on his chest. 

Tom said "I never knew I could love someone so completely, so true, so deeply, that it hurts when we are apart," She said "Tommy I love you so completely, deeply, it's always only been you."  Tom got down on one knee, and pulled a box out of his pocket.  When Sydney realized what he was going to do, she had tears in her eyes.  She said "Tommy please please stop."  Tom got up. Sydney was in tears.  Tom said "So you want me to not propose cause you are going to say no or?" Sydney said "Tommy I'm so sorry."  He said "no don't be, it's ok."  She said "I don't want to hurt you."  Tom said "it's ok, I knew you probably weren't ready. I wanted to try. I wanted to propose to you tonight, before we make love, cause it was important to let you know that I don't just want sex, I want a forever commitment with you."  Sydney said "Tommy it's not cause I don't love you."  He said "I know." She said "I love you so much, I've always loved you since the first day at my my." He cut in before she could say locker. He said "Sydney I don't want you to worry ok you're not hurting me." She said " this is just all so much.  This birthday party. I dreaded my birthday, cause I have always hated that I was even born, and I mean no one has ever gave me a party, and I always thought it was ok, I didn't need anyone to care, but now that I have you, I know that my dreams are going to come true, it's happening like in my dreams, and I don't know if I can stop it from happening, I don't think I can stop it from happening, and it will destroy me, worse than high school, but I  know  I'm such a bitch to you, and I'm being so selfish."  She was crying.

Tom said "baby no you're not a bitch or selfish. Please don't cry."  He wiped her tears away.  She said "But I am selfish."  He said "how."  She said "because you have no idea how bad I want to have sex with you."  He smiled.  He said "Sydney I want the same, how is that selfish."  She said "cause I know it's wrong of me to have sex with you"  He said "ok if you're not ready it's ok. I don't want you feeling guilty."  She said "no I mean it's wrong of me to have sex with you, until I tell you."  Tom said "Sydney please just forget about it.  I have told you I don't need to know. Nothing could change my love for you. I really wish you could believe me. You are not going to lose me."  Sydney said "Tommy."  He said "please don't say I don't understand. There is no way I could ever think you are hideous.  Baby if you were raped it's ok. You have to know that isn't going to change my love for you, or my wanting you."

She said "Tommy I told you I wasn't raped. It's nothing like that."  He said "But you were in love with some guy and he hurt you badly."  Sydney said "yes I was, and yes he did. I need to tell you, I really wish I would have told you the first day at Jump Street, it would have been easier on me, cause when I try and tell you I can barely breathe, I feel like I'm going to pass out, I feel like I'm going to throw up, I know that once you find out, everything will change, I'll lose you, and I want to be with you, know what it's like to have you make love to me, so I'm selfish."  Tom said "no you're not, look I don't need you to tell me ok."  

Tom said "Sydney I wish you could trust me enough to tell me your dreams. I feel so helpless cause I know they terrorize you, the toll it's taking on you, and I can't do anything to help you, to stop it."  Sydney said "Tommy when I think about telling you, it's too much for me to handle."  He said "I know"