CHAPTER 99: TOM TRIES TO EXPLAIN FIGHTS TO SAVE HIS MARRIAGE

Tom said "baby I know you probably have a lot you need to tell or ask me, and I want to let you say everything you need to say to me, but then I need you to listen ok. I know how badly I hurt you, Friday night,  back in high school, and I am not trying to make excuses for my actions, but I need to try and explain to you why  Will you please listen when I try and explain?"  Sydney nodded.

Tom said "Sydney I know you're hurt, and angry with me. But please don't give up on me, on our love, on our marriage.  Please tell me that we can get past this. I will do whatever you want me to do. I know I'm pressuring you, and I don't want to do that, but I'm terrified that I'm losing you, and I can't live without you baby."

Sydney said "I am hurt, and I am angry, but I don't want to give up on our marriage. Judy and Dennis say that we can get through this."  Tom said "we can if you will just say you will stay with me."  Sydney said "I want to, but how Tommy when you are obviously lying ."  Tom said "Sydney I'm not lying to you."  Sydney said "Tom I think you are lying to me, and lying to yourself.  Look I get it. Maybe you're still in shock."  Tom said "no."

Sydney said "Tommy it's ok.  I know you're a good man. I believe you fell in love with me, when you thought I was Sydney. Well I am Sydney, but I mean you promised you loved me, you took vows and I know you probably feel like you have to honor those whether you want to or not.  But it's ok if you want out of those vows."  Tom said "Sydney no I don't want out of our marriage.  I meant every word of those vows."  Sydney said "But Tommy you didn't know you were marrying Michelle. Look I look different, and it's been 12 years, but don't you see I'm the same girl, I mean inside I'm still Michelle. I always will be"  Tom said "yes I know that Chellie."

Sydney said "Tom I don't think you have taken time to think about this.  I think you need to. How can you say you're still in love with me, and you want to stay married to me, when you know I'm hideous, ugly Michelle. What are you just going to pretend you don't know?"  Tom said "Chellie no look you aren't and weren't hideous or ugly. Please honey you've got to let me explain." Sydney said "Tom you're not being realistic.  You know I ran from you, from your mom's I guess cause I didn't want to have to face you, and have this conversation. I guess I was trying to make it easy for you. I didn't want a divorce, I just said it, cause I guess I thought since you would, I'd make it easy on you, and you wouldn't have to do anything."

Tom said "Chellie/Sydney baby I don't want a divorce. So wait are you saying you don't want a divorce? You want to stay married to me?" Sydney said "yes but how can we, when you aren't facing the truth."  Tom said "I am Sydney/Chellie. I love you."  Sydney said "but Tom ok yeah you love me as Sydney, but you hated me as Michelle. That hurts me.  It will probably always hurt me."

Tom said "Chellie no I didn't hate you."  Sydney said "I get why. I mean it hit me when I was talking to Erin outside, my mom was right. I mean I had always wandered how you could hate me so bad, when all I wanted Tommy was to be your friend. I mean I wanted more, but I knew I could never have that. All I wanted was one friend Tom, and I thought I had that. But I guess I didn't, cause I didn't deserve to have any friends.  But Friday night, I really realized why you hated me, my mom  was right."  Tom said "no Chellie she wasn't right You aren't damaged or bad. And I didn't hate you. I know why you think that, but please you got to let me explain."

Sydney said "I need to go inside, it's getting hot, and I'm not feeling that well."  She turned and said "Abby come on sweetie."  She went in with Abby.  Tom followed.  Tom said "Sydney if you need to rest, we can talk later."  Sydney said "ok I think that would be best.  I'm going to go upstairs awhile."  She got some water and a treat for Abby and they went upstairs. 

Sydney felt sick, so she went and threw up.  After she was done, she felt better, and she was hungry, so she ate some breakfast muffins. She said Abby I need to finish talking to Tommy don't I, cause I really need find out for sure if I'm pregnant. I think for sure I am baby. She touched her stomach.  She said Baby don't worry, if your daddy doesn't want us after I tell him, I will love you enough for the both of us.