CHAPTER 53: ROAD TRIP AND ABBY

Everyone was sitting at their desks.  Tom was staring at Sydney.  Booker was giving him a hard time about it.  Sydney and Judy were looking at pictures of the hotel Sydney and Tom had booked for their California vacation.  Booker said "geez Sydney I don't know how you stand it." Doug said "She's used to it, been that way since the first day, I doubt she even notices."  Tom said "ha ha."  Sydney looked up.  She said "What are you guys talking about."  Tom said "nothing they are just making fun of me for staring at you." Sydney said "hey Tommy can you come over here a minute."  He did.  She said "look this is the hotel I booked for us."  Booker said "great let me see where we are going to be staying."  Tom said "no not we."  Everyone laughed.  Booker said "didn't Doug tell you."  Tom said "tell me what."  Doug said "well I thought it would be fun if we all went on vacation together."  Sydney said "what you guys come with us."  Tom said "no sorry I'm getting Sydney all to myself."  Booker said "come on Hanson, don't be like that."  

Sydney said "um I love you Doug, Booker, Harry. I really do, but I kind of just want this trip to be me and my man."  They laughed.  Booker said "I guess she doesn't want us around guys, I think we should go drown our broken hearts at Charlies."  They said "yeah we are going to need it."  Sydney laughed and said "sorry guys."  Booker laughed.  He said "so you all want to join us."  Tom said "Syd you want to."  Sydney said "um yeah later"  Booker said "Jude you want to ride with me."  She smiled and said "yes see you later guys."  

Sydney said "hey Tommy are you sure you're ok with us going to California instead of Miami Beach. If you're not I can cancel."  He said "no it's fine. I can't wait to go, and my mom's all excited because she gets a vacation when we get back.  So you sure you're ok with my mom staying with us for a month or maybe two.  If it's not ok, let me know. I can see if Doug can move back in with Dorothy and have my mom stay at my old place."  Sydney said "no it's fine. Your mom is so sweet to me.  Although you know I think you may have to take the couch."  He said "What."  She said "well honey with your mom staying with us I hate to have her know we are you know."  He laughed.  He said "um baby she knows."  Sydney said "What you told her?"  He said "no I didn't tell her ok, but I mean she knows I'm living with you, and she knows that we are an official couple, so"  Sydney said "well is it going to bother her."  He said "no I'm an adult Sydney. It's fine. We are in love ok. And she knows how bad I want to marry you"  Sydney said "oh no."  Tom said "What."  Sydney said "she probably hates me now if she knows that I told you no"  He said "no she doesn't hate you, look she was disappointed ok, cause she wants you to become her daughter in law, but she also knows you aren't ready, and she told me to just be patient, worst thing I could do is push you or pressure you into saying yes."  Sydney said "ok do you want to fly or drive.  I mean it would be a long road trip."  Tom said "a road trip is fine with me, it's whatever you want."  Sydney said "I don't know Hanson. I mean being alone in a car with you having to listen to you, might just."  He said "just what."  She laughed.  So did he.  He went and tickled her.  She was laughing.  She said "ok ok Hanson I was kidding. What I was going to say a road trip would be awesome, but it would be hard to be in the car with you all day while you're driving cause your voice is so deep and sexy and I would have to like stare at you, and it would be torture to not have you."  He laughed.

He said "well you know babe we could leave earlier than we were planning, it's slow here, and we have no cases, so then we could take our time getting there.  We could like drive for awhile and then find a hotel to stay in. Then I could."  He kissed her.  She said "ok yeah I would love to do a road trip with you Hanson. But babe you're going to have to try and not drive so slow."  He laughed.  She said "let's go to Charlies."

Fuller said they could leave whenever they wanted, so they decided to go ahead and leave the next  day.  Tom said "ok baby you pack for me whatever you want me to wear."  She said "ok Hanson so is that your way of wanting to pack for me."  He laughed.  He said "yeah at least let me see."  She said "ok why don't we go pack together"  Tom took her hand they went to the bedroom.