CHAPTER 60: THE BUST

Sydney and Abby went to the living room.   Judy said "hey"  Sydney said "if we're interrupting." Judy said "no not at all.  We are just talking."  Booker said "you talk to your man."  Sydney said "yes he was worried about Judy.  The guys pulled him and Harry away, they got in trouble."  Booker said "I can't wait till we bust those pigs."  Judy said "me too."  Booker said "you ladies hungry I could go get something bring it back."  Judy said "yeah I'd like that, Sydney is it ok."  Sydney said "sure."  He said "what you want."  Judy said "how bout Subway?"  Sydney said "Sounds good."  He left

Judy said "Sydney thank you for thinking of Booker.  I swear I don't know. if."  Sydney said "hey it's ok.  You're very welcome"  She hugged her.  Sydney said "Abby Judy needs be cheered up, go get on her lap."  Abby did.  Judy and Sydney laughed.  Judy said "I think Abby is so smart, she knows so many words."  Sydney said "yes it's probably cause Tom and I talk to her all the time.  It's so funny, Tom talks to her like she is a person, I mean I do too, but it's just funny to hear Tommy."  They laughed.

Sydney said "Judy I forgot Tom has a meeting at 3:00 I kind of wanted to watch it. You know what those assholes did to Tom and Harry."  She said "What."  Sydney said "they got caught in that room, and they were punished.  Please don't tell Booker or Doug ok, cause I don't think Tom would want them to know, but they got swats with a paddle board."  She said "oh no."  Sydney said "Tom asked me if I would kiss his boo boo. so I was thinking it was his face. So I said does Harry need me kiss his cheek too. Tom is like hell no."  They laughed.

Judy called Booker said to meet them at station.  They were watching.  The former member was in charge on the next activity.  Was saying how they all had do it, it showed character. The pledge had to climb all the way to top of the ladder, but after he each step he had to take the shot glass, and drink it.  If he fell he had to get off the ladder and start over.  He couldn't miss a step or a glass."  Sydney said "oh no please don't be Tommy."

Judy took my hand.  Abby was crying trying to comfort her.  Sydney said "Abby daddy's in trouble Those mean guys."  They picked Kerry, one of the other pledges.  Sydney said "Thank God it's not Tom.  Still this is horrible."  Fuller said "yes most of the hazing incidents that turn deadly or someone is hurt critically alcohol is involved."

Kerry was going good and all the guys were cheering.  Tom looked at Harry.  Kerry was getting a little drunk.  He stepped up but missed the step and fell off ladder.  Fell hard on the ground.  Booker said "dammit Adam."  Sydney and Judy said "oh my God."  Tom ran to him.  They told Tom to stop get back.  Tom ignored them.  He holds Kerry's head up.  He said "you alright."  Kerry said "yeah."  Tom said "you know you don't have to do this." The former member, grabbed Tom turned him around.  Tom got his hands off him.  He said  to Tom "Who the hell do you think you are.  This is a time honored tradition. We all had to do it.  I did it.  If you're so concerned about him, then you pick him up, put him on your back, and complete his mission."  Sydney said "no Tommy don't do it. Please Tom don't do it Boss this is wrong.  We've got to stop it."  He said "Sydney let it play out."

Tom picked Kerry up put him on his back.  Judy put her arm around Sydney.  Abby was trying comfort Sydney.  She didn't understand what was wrong. Tom was stepping up each step, drank the shot glass, then stepped up another step.  Sydney said "please God protect Tommy. Don't let him get hurt."  Tom made it all way to top then back down.  Everyone cheered.  Sydney said "damn my man is strong."  Booker said "I'm impressed that was good work Hanson." The guy shook Tom's hand.  Tom threw up all over the guys shoe.  Sydney and Judy laughed.  Sydney said "I'm sorry my baby is sick, but that guy deserved it."  Tom and Harry came to the office.

Sydney said "baby I'm so sorry."  She ran to him.  He hugged her.  She said "Tommy you were so awesome but I was so scared.  I didn't want you to do it."  He said "I had no choice baby. I'm sorry I scared you. I'm not feeling that good,"  Booker said "good work Hanson. I'm impressed."  Tom said "Thanks Booker."  Sydney said "Tommy come lie down on my lap."  He did.  Judy got a cold wash rag, and some ice from ice machine.  Sydney put it on Tom's face and head.  She covered his face with a towel.