yultomi

[requested by: TzuyuLovesGucci bcs yultomi makes me uwu sm like they're the softest ship ik]

[short and gay before my whole system shuts down. :)]

[don't wanna wake up]

Yuri didn't want to admit it, but exams were basically kicking her ass.

The last two weeks felt like someone pressed fast-forward. Yuri stumbled around the apartment in a sleepless haze, reciting her jotted notes of music history facts, pouring over her theory workbooks, and working her fingers over her instruments, because of course. 

She was up at 4am, muttering under her breath with each sip of coffee. Its taste being something Yuri no longer was able to distinguish due to constant consumption. Then, she was at class for four hours, reviewing and reviewing . After that- she used every second of her three hour break in the practice rooms learning every inch of the instruments she needed to perform with for her practical exam. 

She'd stumble back to the apartment, where she would then review for her other subjects, eating whatever five-minute meal her roommate, Hitomi would set down in front of her, until it was pitch black outside and her eyelids weighed her down like rocks.

"It isn't healthy, you should know that by now!" Hitomi exclaimed, crossing her arms.

"Tomi, I like to think we're past the point of believin' I have any kind of functionality," Yuri would reply, much to Hitomi's exasperation.

When the day before her first exam arrived, the hamster woke the bread-loving girl up with her anxious pacing.

Hitomi stumbled out of her room with a yawn. She braced herself against the wall while it passed, then sent a scowl in the younger's direction, "Yuri! It's not even light out!"

She shuffled into the kitchen where Yuri worried over her notes. In her hand, was a mug of cold coffee, probably from the night before, and it shook when she brought it to her lips. Under her eyes were deep purple shadows. This girl, really..

It took her a while to reply to Hitomi, and when she did, exhaustion dripped from her words, "S'go back t'sleep," She slurred, but Hitomi heard it loud and clear, "I'll take a nap later."

Hitomi grumbled, "No. You are taking a nap, now. "

With an iron grip, Hitomi pushed her out of the kitchen and dragged her towards her bedroom, ignoring Yuri's protests. When Yuri tried to enter her own room, Hitomi grabbed her wrist and pulled her into hers instead. She gave the younger a pointed look, then nodded in the direction of the bed. 

Yuri huffed and collapsed on top of Honda Hitomi-scented pillows face first, her mind instinctively telling her to take a whiff. Her words were muffled when she said, "Why can't I sleep in my room?"

"Because," Hitomi said as she relaxed onto the corner beside her, "now you won't be surrounded by your music stuff. And , I can keep an eye on you and make sure you are actually getting some rest."

Yuri rolled onto her side, facing the cute marshmallow. Her cheek was squished against a pillow, which made her attempt at a scowl more adorable than menacing.