chaeryuna

[some of my readers rlly love chaeryuna, so here you are, luvs

[some of my readers rlly love chaeryuna, so here you are, luvs. <33]

[imisssomeone and i chugged two mugs of black coffee hence these half-assed chaps. i dont feel well :D]

[lil bit of company]

"I just need a moment."

Yuna felt so compelled to step closer, to bring herself next to Chaeryeong, but maybe that was too much. 

Maybe Chaeryeong needed this space, maybe Yuna even being here was a mistake on its own.

But this wasn't really Chaeryeong, and maybe she needed something different. She didn't need the stand-offish nature that everyone exhibited around her, and she certainly didn't need the isolation that her status and intelligence imbued upon her.

"If something's wrong, I can listen," Yuna started softly, "I might be pretty bad at helping with whatever it is, but I can listen."

She thought Chaeryeong would shoo her away, insist on telling Yuna that everything was fine- because of course it was, that was why she had situated herself on top and behind the campus' tallest building's metal railings, where no one would bother to come look.

If anyone had bothered to look for her in the first place.

So when Chaeryeong heaved a sigh and collected her face into her hand, Yuna rooted herself to the spot next to her.

"I'm a bit overwhelmed. I just... needed to be away."

Yuna felt words bloom on the tip of her tongue, anxious to be released, but she held back her impulsiveness for a moment longer. Perhaps prying wasn't what her friend needed at the moment. The least she wanted was to make things worse for her.

As gentle as she could tone down her normal joyous pitch, Yuna asked, "Does it help, for it to be quiet?" Her feet shuffled beneath her. 

It was strange to stand and address a close friend who everyone practically looked up to while said friend sat, hunched over and so... unlike herself.

"I suppose. Yeah, maybe."

Yuna fiddled with her fingers, "Would you like some company?" 

She wasn't nervous about her offer, not in the least. But she didn't feel comfortable with the notion of trampling over Lee Chaeryeong's self-imposed walls, when she was clearly not accustomed to receiving comfort and help from people.