wonnako

[requested by, omg my favorite wonnako author: mintchocoyuki !1!!1!1!]

[late night treat]

Nako found a bare-faced Jang Wonyoung downstairs in the kitchen, eating an ice cream cone. She was leaning against their dorm's fridge, wearing only her baby pink shorts and a t-shirt. 

It was late at night, but they were both too wired up to sleep. Their first stage to perform Panorama will be tomorrow, and Nako tried not to think about the mistakes she did earlier at practice, votes could sometimes be really scary, even for an old member of HKT48.

The maknae surprisingly smiled at her, when she saw her tiny unnie came in, and said, "It's always better in a cone, right?"

Nako seemed to understand as she nodded and sat down at the table, ran a hand over her face. She felt completely exhausted, yet couldn't fall asleep.

"Unnie, come on," Wonyoung said, and Nako looked up at that. She held their gaze, and smiled- a warm, comforting smile, and Nako felt her whole body relax, an automatic reaction, "you did great. You know you did, you'll be fine tomorrow."

"We'll be fine. You guys were amazing. You were amazing" Nako gave her a small smile then looked down at her hands.

Wonyoung giggled, a light blush matching Nako's, "You're amazing as well, unnie. Don't be so humble."

Nako smiled at that and sat up straighter, "So, we should probably try to get some sleep. You know, before Chaeyeon unnie whoops our ass, or Sakura unnie sleepwalks in on us with her eyes open."

As if seeing the eldest Japanese sleepwalking with her eyes open was a normal, everyday thing, Wonyoung nodded and took another bite of the ice cream, "Mhm, I'm just gonna finish with this. Did you need anything? Why'd you come downstairs, anyway?"

The older shrugged and got up to walk closer to the fridge. Wonyoung moved out of the way, still looking at Nako with half-lidded eyes.

"I was hungry," Nako said as she opened the fridge. There was nothing much in it. It didn't look like it has been restocked yet. 

She rummaged around in it, but didn't find anything she felt like eating, only salad and nothing else other than salad. They need to be fit everyday, after all. Just the mere thought made her mind flash back to their schedule tomorrow, causing jitters in her stomach.

She begrudgingly closed the fridge and looked up to find the youngest licking around the ice cream cone, still looking at her.

There was a small light coming from one of the lamps on the other side of the kitchen, and it was making Wonyoung's already mesmerizing eyes glow brighter.