yultomi

[requested by my fave author ever omg: TzuyuLovesGucci bcs yultomi is underrated and i do NOT accept that :(]

[worth the wait]

It was the winter before they were expected graduate their last year of Senior Year. The sky was clear and the air was cold. 

Yuri was sitting on a bench near the picnic her friends set up when a certain marshmallow came up to her, leaning herself between Yuri's knees to press her into a warm, sleepy hug as their classmates babbled in the background. 

Yuri happily looped her arms around her droopy girl friend (not girlfriend, mind you), pressing her nose in Hitomi's hair that smelled of freshly-baked pastry, "Hey, you," She gently said, and the purple-haired girl just moved closer, if that was possible, "sleepy?"

"Mmhmmmm."

The younger of the two giggled, running a hand through the silky purple hair beneath her chin.

"Seriously, unnie, you shoulda seen this guy! He was so hot!" Yuri said, falling onto Hitomi's bed, faceplanting into the soft covers. She didn't see the way the other girl's face dropped. Or the way she moved further away from Yuri.

The two students had become close when Hitomi had transferred Yuri's class, and now in their second year they were practically close as ever. The year had just begun, and this marshmallow right here was... having problems. Mainly with her vocally-blessed best friend.

"Yeah, I bet," Hitomi murmured, trying to focus on studying, but then Yuri snatched her book out of her hand. When she looked up, the younger was staring at him, "..what?"

"Why don't you have a boyfriend?" She blurted out, in typical Yuri-fashion. 

Hitomi inwardly cringed, and tried to think of a way to duck out of the situation. But it was past curfew, and he was stuck with Yuri since they had the permission to have a sleepover in her dorm.

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, you're smart, charismatic, and insanely gorgeous, so you should have one!" 

Hitomi tried to calm her rapidly beating heart at being called "insanely gorgeous" by her best friend-turned-crush, and instead tried to deflect the question more, "I am not charismatic nor gorgeous, Yuri."