hyemin

[requested by nobody coz im hyemin trash and i couldnt resist

[requested by nobody coz im hyemin trash and i couldnt resist.]

[u may consider this as a prequel to the first hyemin os in my first book lol. authornim likes a fluff before angst ;)]

[a talk about soulmates]

"You know, Min," Hyewon began, jumping and landing face up on Minju's ridiculously gigantic bed with her arms and legs spread like a starfish, "I was a pretty stupid kid."

The said girl curiously tilted her head, "What brought this on?" She asked, flipping the light switch and sitting herself carefully on the edge of her bed.

"Was just thinking about it," Hyewon shrugged. She stretched her leg over to rest on Minju's thigh, smirking as the younger's face grimace at the sudden contact. She pat the space beside her, and Minju took the hint easily, clambering up on the bed and crawling over Hyewon's legs to lie on her side, arms resting behind her head. 

Hyewon brought her limbs to her sides to give the younger more room, "I always got into fights back then," She said once they were comfortably settled on Minju's bed, her hands now resting on her stomach, "with the neighborhood boys. Over dumb stuff, like who gets to use the latest gameboy that time."

Minju let out a bit of a chuckle, and the gentleness of it reminded Hyewon of blowing bubbles in her backyard and watching as they floated away in the breeze and of what would always happen afterwards, the stickiness left on her fingers after she'd dropped the bubble wand into the container and had to take it back out.

"I can't say that I'm surprised," Minju said with a full-on giggle, turning her head from where she had been looking at the ceiling, then towards Hyewon. 

Her eyelashes look soft and eyes softer even under the faint light that streamed in through the window behind the bed. She almost always felt and seemed like heaven.

"I'd come home with, like, scratches and bruises all the time, and I'd tell my parents I was out playing in the woods and falling from a tree branch," Hyewon continued recalling, diverting her gaze to the colorless ceiling overhead as to not stare at Minju for too long, "I don't know if they ever believed me, but they'd laugh and pat me on the back and then give me enough money to go and buy a box of bandages at the convenience store down the street."

Hyewon could still feel Minju's eyes on her, so she rolled onto her side to face her, tucking one of her hands between her cheek and one of the Kim-Minju-scented pillows her head rested on. 

Minju followed suit, her hands crossed at the wrist on the bed between them.

"I always bought coral-colored ones," Hyewon said, the corner of her mouth pulling slightly upwards, "and even though I never needed to, I'd stick one of the bridge of my nose, like..."