Scooter Race - Charles Leclerc

A/N I usually don't write for athletes who have girlfriends but something about Charles is just *chef's kiss*

••••

You had managed to get an entry level position at Ferrari - your dream company - right out of university. After working hard to prove your talent in the garages at the head factory you secured a promotion that brought you into Formula 1. You were assigned to the mechanical crew that was to handle rookie driver Charles Leclerc's car.

Two years later and the two of you are inseparable. The antics that happen when you're in the same room drive the team members crazy even if they laugh along. When you aren't covered in oil and grease due to repairing Charles' race car you're with him exploring whichever city you've landed in for a race weekend. This fact fuels the teasing from the other mechanics, who are convinced that there is more to the relationship you two convey in public and on social media. You always block out the teasing thinking that they're being ridiculous whenever they bring it up while in the garage. It's all forgotten whenever a race weekend begins our main focus being the car and it's results on the track.

••••

"You guys are ridiculous" you peer over your shoulder sticking your tongue out at one of the mechanics, "mature y/n" you grin at him as you continue to lead your scooter towards the empty pit lane  at the Autodromo Nazionale di Monza. Charles is a few steps ahead of you with his own scooter, the sun reflecting off of his sunglasses as he looks back at you smiling. The fluttering in your stomach increases at his expression but you shake your head telling yourself to get your feelings in check.

You didn't expect to catch feelings for the Monaco native when you first met him two years ago, but shit happens when you're travelling around the world with him almost every weekend and your close proximity in age getting you pushed together on many occasions. The hanging out and learning about each other in your down time away from the track brought the two of you closer starting a tight friendship where you could talk about practically anything and everything.

"Hey y/n!" You get out of your head lifting it to see Charles tilting his head at you, "alright there?" you nod and set up your red scooter next to his, "okay so from here back to the garage, winner takes all" you say with a smirk, "gotcha, sorry in advance for what's about to go down" he explains, you scoff your eyes looking ahead as you wait for Charles' cue. "GO" you grin and push off with your foot building up speed to try and beat the race car driver next to you. The wind blows through your hair as you sail past several team garages a smile on your face, you try not to look at your competition as you crouch to get more speed out of the scooter. You bite your lip determined, the Ferrari garage approaching quickly so you steer the scooter towards it jumping off of it when you get into the red garage. Charles comes up next to you seconds later, you spin to him throwing your arms up, "YES BEAT THAT" you exclaim before sticking out your arms to run in circles around him. The brunette pouts adorably but you keep celebrating your victory, you hear the laughs from the other crew members making your smile widen.

When you come to a stop later you're out of breath but still smiling. Charles is also smiling confusing you slightly, "why are you-" he cuts you off by stepping forward pressing his lips yours, you tense up shocked at the gesture. Your hands move to his shoulders your eyes fluttering shut as you relax into the driver, his hands then go to your hips pulling you closer. Cheers and claps ring out, "FINALLY!" someone yells making you realize that you're still standing in the Ferrari garage. Charles pulls away slowly a smile appearing on his face, "finally indeed" he murmurs, I open my eyes slowly, looking into his, "wait what?" you asked confused. He laughs a hand moving up to my face caressing it softly, "I've liked you for a long time y/n, I thought you knew" you blink at his confession, "uhhh no I was not aware, I thought I was the only one that had feelings in this relationship" you mumble embarrassed a blush appearing on your cheeks. He lifts an eyebrow at me, "I didn't really hide it" you look down feeling utterly stupid, "well damn Charles, I didn't realize I was so oblivious" you tell the brunette quietly. This earns you a laugh from Charles who grabs your hands gently, "what matters is that you got there in the end" you bite your lip looking back up at the Monaco native, "you know that this means I can't work in your garage anymore" he nods bringing up our interlaced hands to kiss my knuckles gently, "I'm sure we can find you a spot with Carlos" he replies making me smile.

The two of you grab your discarded scooters taking them back to the storage space in the team trailer. "You know I didn't even plan for everything to come out after a scooter race" you look over at Charles with a smile, "it's kind of fitting for us, don't you think?" he smiles and throws his arm across my shoulder pulling me to his side, "yeah you're right" he says before kissing my temple as we walk towards the track exit. "IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU TWO" we look towards the loud voice seeing Lando Norris giving us a thumbs up, I roll my eyes and Charles laughs as we keep walking hoping to get one last hangout in before practice laps begin.