Recalculating - Charles Leclerc

You get woken up when something shines in your face. As you start to become aware you feel a weight on your body. You think nothing of it certain that it's your fiancé's arm. A smile comes to your face as you finally open your eyes, the first thing you notice is the nightstand, which is not yours at all, then you see the French doors that are letting the sunlight into the room. You shift a bit so that you can peer over your shoulder, you hold a hand over your mouth to stop the gasp that wants to leave your mouth. Tears prick at the corners of your eyes as you carefully slide out of the Monégasque's arms, you tiptoe around the bedroom you briefly remember from last night, and gather your things before slipping out into the hallway, where you quickly get dressed. In your rush of leaving the apartment you leave something very important in his possession.

A couple of minutes later you walk into the apartment you share with your fiancé. You quietly place the heels you wore the night before on the floor hoping that you don't wake him. As you walk through the apartment you start to remember the events that happened, the way Charles kept flirting without any objection by you, which led to the first slightly tipsy kiss on the dance floor. Your friends not having noticed the moment or any of the other moments that were shared between you and the Ferrari driver. Maybe that was why no one stopped you when you left with Charles, his good looks and charm making you feel like the prettiest woman in Monaco as he lead you to his apartment where you let him kiss you in a way you've only dreamed about.

The sudden flashbacks make you come to a stop in the middle of the hallway leading to the bedrooms. "Morning baby, how was your night with the girls?" you look up seeing Y/F/N smiling at you sleepily while leaning against the doorframe of your bedroom. You give him a smile, "it was good, sorry that I didn't get home, needed up sleeping at Y/F/N's house" you reply, the lie slipping past your lips way too easily, "I'm glad, now I can have you all to myself for the day" you nod and he walks over to you dropping a kiss to your lips. "I'm gonna shower and then we can go get some breakfast" you smile and he disappears into the bathroom.

Once he closes the door you frown and rush to the bedroom to get out of the outfit that now feels dirty to you. As you pull on a long sleeved shirt, the familiar tug of your engagement ring is missing making you freeze. You quickly shove your sleeve up and hold out your left hand, you gasp quietly at your bare fingers and peer over towards the bedroom door to make sure he's not coming before you grab the purse you had the previous night. When you come up short you start to panic slightly, trying to remember where you saw the sparkling ring last, you nearly choke when you recall Charles' words, can I take this off? I don't want you to draw blood with those edges, all you can think is why you didn't clue in that you were doing something very wrong when you let him remove the ring from your finger. You immediately grab your phone to notify your friends about what happened, but before you can your fiancé steps into the bedroom a towel wrapped around his waist. You look at him like you're a deer caught in headlights, "woah you okay baby" you nod and relax slightly giving him your most convincing smile, "I'm perfect" he smiles too and kisses your head before going over to the dresser. You take the opportunity to slip out of the room to send a quick S.O.S. CALL ME ASAP  text to your friends knowing that you don't have the time to explain before you go out for breakfast.

••••

When you're about to sit down with your fiancé your phone starts ringing, you jump slightly at the noise and avoid the glares that are sent your way. The name of your friend appears on your screen so you bite your lip, "what's wrong Y/N?" you look up at him, "I have to take this" he nods in understanding and you walk away from the table for some much needed privacy. You answer the call bringing the device to your ear, "why'd you sos?" is the question you're asked, "I slept with Charles Leclerc last night and I may have forgotten my engagement ring at his place" you reply while pacing in the privacy of the women's washroom. "Shit babe" you groan at her tone and lift a hand into your hair tugging at the strands, "is that all you can say?" she sighs, "can I be honest with you?" you stop pacing at her dangerous question, "yes?" you reply not sure if you want honesty, "you wouldn't have slept with Charles if you were serious about the engagement" the statement hits you like a brick wall as you let out a shaky breath. "I'm going to have to end, aren't I?" you panic at her silence, "that's not up to me Y/N, but imagine if it was the other way around, wouldn't you want the truth before marrying someone" you sigh and close your eyes for a few seconds knowing what has to be done. 

After hanging up the call you rush out to your fiancé making up an excuse as to why you need to leave all of a sudden. The concern on his face nearly makes you cry as you leave the small restaurant breaking into a run as you try to retrace your steps to Charles' apartment. Once you're standing in front of the door your fist ready to knock you sigh and make the mistake of dropping your head to the door. Your head snaps up at the sound of footsteps on the other side of the door, before you can move it swings open revealing the Monégasque, his eyebrows raise in surprise, "hi" you mumble awkwardly. He crosses his arms and leans against the doorframe, "I thought you would never be back" he says, you bite your lip and look down to avoid his intense gaze, "I forgot my ring" he doesn't say anything but you hear his footsteps fading so you look up to see that he's gone back into the apartment. 

You take a step into the apartment biting your lip again, when he re-appears you straighten up and release your lip. He walks up and leaves a little less than a foot between you before holding up to ring to you, the way he's looking into your eyes makes you hesitate for a second before taking the piece of jewellery, your fingers brushing his. "Any regrets?" he suddenly asks making you look into his eyes, when you don't say anything he brings his hand to your lower back pulling you into him the contact making goosebumps appear on your skin. Your hand moves to his chest as you look down, "no, but-" he cuts you off by tilting your head up to press a toe curling kiss to your lips, you whine into his lips your hand pushing him away gently. He looks down at you confused by the action, "you can't just cut me off like that you idiot" you exclaim with a frown, he laughs which makes your lip twitch wanting to smile at the sound, but you manage to keep your expression neutral. His joy filled eyes make your heart flutter in a way it never has in all of the years you've been with your fiancé, you shake your head and get out of the Ferrari driver's arms. "Where are you-" you hold up a finger to his lips, "I have to go take care of something, but wait here for me" he nods and you take your hand away from his face before spinning on your heel to leave the apartment.

••••

Maybe breaking the engagement after one night with Charles was childish of you, but all you could think about when leaving the apartment you used to share with the one man you thought you loved were the words your mother always told you when growing up. Follow your heart in everything you do because life is short and being happy is priceless, the smile that comes to your face as you climb the stairs going up to the Monégasque's apartment is unrivalled, a weight leaving your shoulders as you knock on the door. When it opens you immediately jump into Charles' arms pressing your lips to his nearly knocking him over before he steadies himself, he backs into the apartment and shuts the front door. You pull away out of breath, "it's over" you tell him with a smile, "seriously?" you nod which makes him grin and pepper kisses all over your face, you giggle as he carries you further into the apartment, "no other men in your life Y/N?" you shake your head while placing your hands on either side of his face, "i'm all yours Charles" he kisses you again making your heart flutter, which tells you that this chance your taking might be worth everything you've ever held dear to you.