Losing a Winning Game - Pierre Gasly

A/N this photo is honestly so beautiful, like the artistry is amazing and it's perfectly placed and I love winged Pierre 😍

It wasn't always rocky for you and Pierre, it was actually going really well at the beginning of the relationship the two of you developed. At some point it started to feel like you were the only one making an effort, with your texts going unanswered and calls going straight to voicemail after tough race weekends. You convinced yourself that it was only a phase and that Pierre would go back to the man you initially fell in love with once he would start to see better results on the track. After months of no change in his behaviour, you feel like you will never win the game that you're playing with the Frenchman so you decide to confront him when you go see him at the track for a race weekend.

When you first arrive at the track Pierre greets you with a smile and a passionate kiss, much to your surprise. Before you can question the gesture he takes your hand and leads you to the team paddock, where several staff greet you with smiles making you remember how much you love being at the track. In the whirlwind of action surrounding the two of you, the camera following you seems to go unnoticed, or so you thought as Pierre's behaviour takes you back to when you first became his girlfriend, showering you with love and affection whenever he could. That's why you feel completely blindsided when he pulls you into his driver's room fifteen minutes later and drops your hand the smile slipping from his face as he turns away from you to focus on something else completely.

He doesn't see your heartbroken expression as he ignores you, so you shake your head while looking down at your sneaker clad feet."You win" is what you say, you hear him stop shuffling papers but keep your eyes down, "what?" he asks confused, "this stupid game that we're still calling a relationship, you win alright, I can't keep fighting a losing battle" you feel his fingers at your chin before he moves your head upwards. "This isn't a game Y/N" you scoff and shove his hand away, "what you just did out there sure seemed like a game" he frowns, "Netflix was following us, I didn't want them to-" you narrow your eyes at him, "to expose how horribly our relationship is going?" you say cutting him off.

When he doesn't say anything to deny it you cross your arms, "unbelievable, I don't even know who you are anymore Pierre, this guy who does things to please an audience isn't the person I fell in love with" he opens his mouth but you glare at him, "don't deny it, because I was the one that you left in the dust for months, rarely replying to my texts and calls when all I wanted to do was comfort you like a girlfriend should" you finish making him hand his head. "I love you Y/N" you purse your lips and look away from him, "I don't think you do, at least not the same way as before" he brings his hand to yours but you step back, "I'm still the same guy" you shake your head, "I'll believe it when I see it because standing here I can tell you right away that you aren't and that breaks my heart" he looks at you pleadingly, "Y/N" you feel a tear roll down your cheek at his tone, "I will always love you, but I won't sit around being treated like an afterthought by the man that I gave everything to, it makes me feel like crap" he opens his mouth but then closes it unsure of what to say in response. You sigh and straighten up, "good luck Pierre, I wish you the best" he looks at you sadly so you turn around and leave the room, leaving the track and the frenchman behind needing to escape before you realize the magnitude of what you've just done.

••••

"Oh my gosh Y/N did you hear that Pierre Gasly is coming in today?" your head snaps up from where you were drawing, "what? why?" you ask your co-worker never having told anyone at work that you were once in a relationship with the Alpha Tauri driver. "I think we're doing some renderings for a new merchandise line of his, or maybe it was a new helmet design, I'm not completely sure, but either way there's gonna be a Formula 1 driver here" she squeals quietly while grinning. You pretend that you're excited as well even though your smile is the fakest it's been in months, luckily she doesn't realize your lack of genuine enthusiasm through her own level of happiness. She lets you focus on your work, leaving a few seconds later, but nothing prepared you for that information so you can't seem to shake Pierre from your mind for the next few hours.

"Y/N" you look up at the sound of your voice to see your boss, "come to this client meeting, I think you're ready for this" she explains with a smile. Your heart jumps into your throat, maybe because of her faith in you, or maybe because you have a bad feeling that the client you'll be helping is your ex-boyfriend. Your boss lifts an eyebrow in confusion, so you smile and stand up from your desk chair, "let's go" she nods and you snatch your notebook before following the woman who took a chance on you to the main boardroom. Your heartbeat increases as the two of you approach the glass enclosed room, letting you see that there are already people waiting by the large table. Before you can make a run for it you're in the room next to your boss. "Welcome and let me introduce you to Y/N Y/L/N, she will be one of your main contacts at our company, she is very talented and will bring your visions to life" you try not to bush as she talks, your eyes moving around the table until they stop at Pierre who is looking at you with wide eyes. Luckily before he can speak up your boss ushers you into a chair and the meeting commences with an overview of what will be required of both sides of the partnership. Making it easier for you to forget that Pierre is across the table from you for at least an hour.

As soon as the meeting ends you try your hardest to leave be room first with the hopes that you won't need to face Pierre. But luck isn't on your side today as you get caught behind two people having a conversation, so when a hand goes to your arm you close your eyes and sigh. "Y/N" the familiar voice says making you turn around and look up at the Frenchman, "Pierre" you reply with a small smile, he opens his mouth to talk further but you notice your boss nearby so you shake your head slightly, "not here" you murmur, he shuts it and nods as the two of you leave the boardroom.

You question your decision to lead him to your office where you'll have some sort of privacy from prying eyes, but shut the door behind you when you get inside the small space nonetheless. "I'm sorry Y/N" Pierre says from where he's standing, "okay great I forgive you, is that all?" you reply while tilting your head to the side, he looks at you in surprise, "uh I guess" he stutters, you smile and open the office door to let him out. He looks at you which makes your cracks start to show, the ones you've been trying to hide from your co-workers not letting them see that you're a complete mess under your facade. You sigh and place a hand on your hip looking away from his calculating blue eyes, "what's wr-" he comes over to you in two strides before cutting off you with a kiss.

A cough makes him pull away almost instantly, leaving you breathless as you look over to see your work friend staring at the two of you with wide eyes. "God I can explain" you say, she raises an eyebrow and puts her hands on her hips, "he's the ex I was telling you about" you add making her glare over at the Frenchman. "You did this to her?!" She exclaims loudly making you shush her, "keep it down, no one knows" she looks at you in shock, "I didn't want it to be a big deal because he's some sort of celebrity" she sighs but nods looking back at Pierre. "I hope you're only kissing her because you've smartened up and she consented to it" you almost laugh at his scared expression, knowing very well that he didn't ask before he kissed you, "it's fine, I consented" you jump in not wanting your friend to injure the poor guy. He looks at you with a thankful expression, your friend opens her mouth again, "can you give us a minute, there's still some things we need to discuss" she closes her mouth and nods before leaving so that you can shove the Alpha Tauri driver back into your office and close the door once again.

"You can't just kiss me like that P" you exclaim while looking up at him with a frown, "I panicked, I didn't want to leave without fighting for you" he says while looking into your eyes and steps closer. You lower your eyes to look down at the ground while biting your lip, Pierre's feet come into view, almost touching yours making you move your curled up fists to his chest. "You need to promise me that we won't spiral like before" you say while looking up, he places his hands on either side of your face brushing his thumbs along your cheeks softly, "I will do everything in my power to make sure that you are not forgotten because losing you was the worst thing that has ever happened to me" you look into his eyes seeing the sincerity in them. "I take second chances very serious so you better not fuck it up Gasly" he smiles and proceeds to press a kiss to your lips, making your curled fists loosen as he moves you flush to him a hand going to your lower back, "don't plan to chérie" he murmurs making you deepen the kiss pulling him impossibly closer, everything fading as you only focus on him and the intimate moment.