Love at First Sight 2 - Charles Leclerc

🏎️🏎️🏎️

Hi Charles
It's Y/N

Y/N! I was wondering when you'd reach out about that dinner 😉

I know that you don't have much free time because of some race or whatever, so let me know when works for you 😅

Already making me laugh Y/N, that's a good start 😍
For the sake of no interruptions after the race on Sunday?

That's perfect 😊
I'll let you know where

I look forward to it 😉

🏎️🏎️🏎️

After the first texts you sent you haven't stopped messaging back and forth. The simple banter between you two has started to leave a good impression, and makes you forget the embarrassing first encounter.

Two days later you're a bundle of nerves and not because of the race that is set to happen. You and your sister walk towards the grandstands behind her husband and son. She's talking but you don't process anything she's saying because you're thinking about Charles.

"Are you even listening?" You blink a couple of times then look at your sister. "Huh?" she sighs then shakes her head. "What's got you so distracted?" you smile then drop your gaze, "don't make a big deal of it, I'm going to dinner with Charles after the race" she gasps then grabs your hand. "You used his phone number?" you nod then look up again, "we've been texting all weekend" she squeezes your hand and you can tell she's holding in her excitement. "This makes me so happy Y/N" you smile then return the squeeze, "yeah me too".

••••

The race seems to go by slower than usual, but you have a feeling it's because of what's to come after. Eventually the chequered flag is waved and a race winner is crowned. "Look Auntie Y/N Charles is on the podium" you nephew exclaims as he runs over to where you're sitting next to your sister. "He sure is buddy" you say and he proceeds to climb onto your lap and stays there the whole duration of the trophy presentation. The unfiltered joy on his face makes you smile as you also turn to the large screen that shows the three podium sitters receiving their trophies.

A couple of minutes after the celebrations your sister coaxed the little boy out of your lap. "But I want Auntie Y/N to carry me back" he whines then let's out a yawn. Your sister looks at you with a silent question about your plans. You nod slightly so she crouches down to her son. "She can't because she's going to go see Charles" your nephew perks up at the new information then turns to you. "Can I come?" You laugh then ruffle his hair, "sorry little man not this time" he pouts in response. "But I will tell Charles that you say hi okay?" He smiles again then nods, so you press a dramatic kiss to his cheek earning a giggle. "Now make sure to listen to your mum and dad while I'm gone, I know they're not cool like me but they try their best" you say in a fake whisper . You hear your sister snort but you ignore it and your nephew nods again, "I will see you guys later" you tell the small family then blush when your sister winks at you. The three of them leave the grandstand so you take out your phone. There's a text from Charles waiting so you open it to confirm where you'll be meeting.

••••

You walk up to the place where Charles asked you to meet him and smile when you see him already waiting. Once you're closer he pulls you into an unexpected hug, you hesitate before you return the embrace. "You drove well out there" you mumble into his shoulder, he pulls away and smiles. "I had to impress my date no?" he explains so you blush at his implication. "She was impressed, don't worry" he takes your hand then squeezes it, "now that that was accomplished I think it's time we go get dinner as promised at the beginning of this weekend". You laugh then peer over at the driver, "let's go, I found the perfect place" he smiles and you lead him away from the track.

"Délicieux" Charles says after swallowing the first bite of food. You sit across from him at the picnic table set up near the food truck. "I knew you'd like it" you reply then take a bite of your own food. "How did you know this was here?" He asks then leans forward to hear you better over the hustle and bustle of people crowded into the small space surrounding the truck. "I did some research and asked around, wanted to do something a little more casual" you explain. "I think that it's perfect Y/N" you blush at his words, "and now I've impressed my date" he chuckles then puts his hand over yours to squeeze it gently.

When you and Charles finish eating and have thrown out your garbage he takes your hand to pull you to his side. "Let's not end this date just yet" he says as you two start walking with no destination in mind. "That sounds good to me" you reply so he lets go of your hand to throw his arm across your shoulders to bring you even closer.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" you ask the driver a couple of minutes later. Charles stops walking so you do as well. He turns to you then takes both your hands. "Why do you ask?" he replies while looking into your eyes. You shrug then look down to where his hands cradle yours. "That's what I felt when I first saw you at the signing" you explain but don't look up. He lifts a hand to tilt your chin upward, "I didn't before this weekend but I'm starting to believe in the concept with you". The way he looks at you makes you blush.

"Don't say that if you don't mean it" he shifts his hand to the spot just under your ear to softly brush his thumb against the skin there. "I mean it, so much Y/N" you take a shaky breath and peer into his green eyes to spot the potential lie. You don't see anything that scares you so you bring your own hand up to pull him down for a kiss. He tenses up so you pull back immediately, "I shouldn't have done that I'm so-" he doesn't let you finish as he presses his lips to yours once more.

You try to keep your hands to each other for the remainder of the walk after the mind blowing first kiss. Charles eventually asks if you want to go back to his hotel with him. There's barely any hesitation when you say yes so he quickly pulls out his phone to get an Uber. At the same time you take out your phone to update your sister on your whereabouts.