Unexpected Surprises - Daniel Ricciardo

You giggle to yourself as you jog through McLaren hospitality, everyone waving in greeting as you approach Dan's room. Luckily he isn't around yet so you can still get yourself in place to surprise the Aussie who thinks that you're still at home buried deep in a project for work. When you last texted him you were in line for the flight to your current location acting as if you had no time to talk because of the made up project you constantly pretended to complain about. Back at McLaren you slip into Dan's room, trying to decide where you'll be able to fit to give him a bit of a jump scare when he arrives. The tiny shower appears to be the only place so you smile while stepping into the space, making sure that your phone is on silent before getting as comfy as possible, not completely sure when the Aussie is going to walk into the room.

A couple of minutes later you hear the door open so you straighten up from where you began to slouch, sliding your phone into your back pocket. You bite your lip as you try to slide open the shower door as quietly as possible, the mechanism squeaks slightly making you cringe while Dan's shifting stops. He chuckles as you pop your head out of the stall, "surprise!" you exclaim while jumping fully into the room, immediately noticing his outfit. "What are those?" you ask while looking at his short shorts donning Louis Vuitton logos all over them, he grins when you look up at his face, "it's hot here Y/N" he replies with a shrug. You lift an eyebrow at him "mhmm" you hum and he steps towards you placing his hands on your hips, "what you don't like them?" he asks while wiggling his eyebrows, you laugh at the gesture while placing your hands on his shoulders. "Nah I think I love them, especially on you" he smiles again and caresses your cheek, "what are you even doing here? isn't that project still going on?" he asks confused, "made it all up" you reply making him lift his eyebrows in surprise, "didn't want you to suspect what I was planning" you add while sneaking a hand under the collar of his blue t-shirt, the tension leaving his body as you move your fingers along his skin. "Did Michael know?" you shake your head a smile still on your face, "I did this all alone, he would never be able to keep it a secret around you" he chuckles and brings you in for a kiss, "you're the best" he murmurs into your lips.

A loud knock on the door makes you pull away and peer over at a smiling Michael who is in the doorway. "No wonder he's not ready" the trainer says making you grin, "nice to see you to Mikey" he laughs at the nickname and you step out of Dan's arms to give him a friendly hug. "Media is waiting so speed it up DR" he adds and walks out of view, an arm comes around you from behind making a giggle leave your lips, "wait for me?" you peer over at Dan, "I'll think about it" he pinches your side making you yelp before laughing. "I'm kidding you dork, of course i'll wait, I have nothing else to do" he curls his other arm around you as well squishing you closer to him, kissing your neck softly, "i've missed you so much beautiful" he says and lets go. You turn around and watch him grab some jeans and his McLaren shirt, "missed you to Danny" you reply, your voice cracking slightly giving away how hard it has been being so far away from the Aussie.

He looks up from where he was untying his shoes his expression full of concern, "Y/N" he says softly, you shake your head and smile slightly, "i'm fine, it's just been so long without you" you explain. "Come here" he adds while patting the spot next to him, you bite your lip while sitting next to the driver your gaze going down to your lap. When his fingers come to your chin you automatically look up into his dark eyes, "believe me darling, you aren't the only one feeling that" you smile as your eyes glaze over with unshed tears, "I guess we better make this weekend a good one" he nods and drops a quick kiss to your lips, "when i'm done here we can go have some fun alright?" you kiss his cheek in response and squeeze his hand before leaving the small room to go find some coffee to get you through the day.

••••

A couple of hours later you're resting against Dan's chest. His arms are around you while a movie plays on the TV in his hotel room. "Shouldn't we be somewhere exploring the city?" the Aussie asks, you shrug while moving your hands along his arms, "I kinda want this more" you reply and look down at the tattoos you've memorized by now. "Aren't we such a party?" He jokes making you laugh and tilt your head back to see him, "we are, except no one else is invited to witness it" you explain proudly.

"God I love you so much" his statement makes your finger, which was tracing his tattoo stop abruptly, "what?" you whisper in shock. Dan rotates you in his arms, his hands going to either side of your face as he looks into your eyes, "I Love You" he says, punctuating each word with a kiss. Your heart flutters at the unexpected confession, never having realized that he feels the same way as you do, "really?" he nods so you throw your arms around his neck, knocking him on to his back. He chuckles while you pepper kisses all over his face, "I love you Dan, so much" he caresses your face gently making you smile. "I'm in this for the long haul, so if you ever feel lonely call me and I'll pick up" he explains, you nod and press your lips to his for a couple of seconds, "goes both ways, if you need me call alright?" he smiles and brings his hands to your back as you lower your head to his chest, "will do Y/N, now let's get back to being the life of the party" you giggle and runs his fingers along your back, lulling you to sleep after a few minutes.