Care Less More - Pierre Gasly

A/N can you tell that I've been listening to Olivia the past few days? 😂🤭

You met Pierre at the race in Montreal, your one friend having known him from an internship she did with Red Bull in her undergrad. She introduced you two and there was an immediate connection leading to him taking you out to dinner after the race. You didn't realize that there was a girlfriend in the picture when you agreed to go back to his hotel room with him. The two of you ended up falling asleep in his bed, your head on his chest feeling completely at home. That was the beginning of what would turn out to be a very twisted arrangement between you two.

••••

The first time you hear about Pierre's girlfriend you've already been in some kind of relationship with him for weeks. Constant texts between you and the occasional FaceTime call when he has had a bad race on the other side of the world from you. The information shocks you at first but then you decide you'll let him bring it up if it's a big deal. You make sure to lock your heart whenever you're texting, talking or when you get to see him through a phone screen, not wanting to show that you care. When the Formula 1 driver surprises you with a plane ticket to the country where he's racing you don't know what to do. After bringing up the whole situation to the friend that introduced you to Pierre, she immediately tells you to get out of whatever thing you have with him. You spend the next few nights worrying and not able to sleep, mentally listing the pros and cons of saying yes to his invitation.

Once you've had enough of your thoughts you bite the bullet and tell Pierre that you'll meet him at his race. Luckily that flight was early in the morning so you didn't need to face your friend who was sleeping in the room next to yours. When you were waiting to board your flight you go into Instagram curious about Pierre so you go to his account. Your eyes immediately spot the photo he posted of him and a brunette that was definitely not you, writing how much he loves her. You purse your lips backing out of the app and shutting off your phone to keep your thoughts from spiralling into a dark abyss of unwanted feelings. The boarding announcement came on making you grab your bag before standing to walk onto the plane pushing thoughts of what you're doing to the back of your mind.

You're standing in front of Pierre's hotel room, which he texted you when you told him you landed. You tighten your grip on the strap of your bag and knock on the door. It swings open seconds later the Frenchman smiling down at you, he pulls you into the room by your waist, you smile as he hugs you. "It's been so long" he mumbles into your hair, you nod your hands on his arms, "it has been" he pulls away and brings you over to the little kitchen where there's food already laid out, "you didn't have to Pierre" he shrugs, "I wanted to" you sit biting your lip as you try to decide what to eat. He drops a kiss to your head surprising you and you watch him sit as well blinking a few times to process the affectionate gesture. You shake your head seconds later wanting to forget it ever happened remembering the Instagram picture you saw earlier on his profile. At the end of the night you're back in his bed, feeling like a place warmer for the girl he's seeing as he pulls you to him, your head back on his chest even if you know you'll be turned away from each other when the sun comes up. Your makeup stays on like every other night you've slept next to Pierre, to make it quicker when you leave in the morning.

You go to the next few race weekends nothing getting in the way of what you're doing with Pierre. Until one race weekend where you take in the track with a vip pass around your neck. Your hair is up in a ponytail waving in the wind as you lean on the railing overlooking the team garages where pit crews are running around, drivers are preparing for qualifiers and media are taking pictures. You sip at the water you're holding and that's when you see her, making you nearly choke, your eyes follow her as she pulls Pierre into a long kiss, you look away feeling a speck of jealousy before you walk away to shake off the unwanted emotion. You find yourself down by the team paddocks your gaze on your flip flop clad feet lips in a thin line disappointed in yourself for caring for the Frenchman who doesn't even bother telling you about the other woman in his life. You suddenly walk right into something solid, hands grab your arms to keep you steady, "sorry about that" you look up to see a pair of brown eyes and a head of dark curly hair, "it's my fault I wasn't looking" you reply, "let's agree to disagree" he says with a distinct Australian accent, you laugh and he lets go of you. "I'm Daniel" he says while holding out a hand, "I'm Y/N" you reply while placing your hand in his, "well it's nice to meet you, maybe we'll see each other later" you nod a smile coming to your face for the first time today, "yeah maybe" he lets go of your hand winking at you before walking away. You bite your lip to hide how big your smile is suddenly forgetting what made you feel so down.