Camera Roll - Daniel Ricciardo

You're laying on the couch in your shared apartment. The only light coming from your phone screen, unaware of how consumed you have become with the device in the past few hours. When you hear the front door unlocking you finally look up, shocked that it's so dark outside. "Y/N?" a smile comes to your face at the sound of Daniel's voice echoing through the space. He appears in the doorway and you hit the power buttons on your phone to make the screen go dark. You sit up and straighten out your t-shirt that must've gotten twisted while you were engrossed by the device in your hand. "Hey" you say while looking up at the Aussie, he tilts his head and turns on the light, you squint at the harsh light flooding the room, "why are you sitting in the dark?" you shrug, "lost track of time" he chuckles and you stand up from the couch.

Once you're close enough he pulls you into a hug, you smile while wrapping your arms around him tightly, "I missed you" he murmurs into your hair before pressing a few kisses to your forehead. You giggle at the ticklish gesture and tilt your head back to look into his dark eyes, "I missed my adventure buddy" he smiles and lowers his head to press a kiss to your lips. You're surprised when he lifts you in one effortless movement, you automatically wind your legs around his waist while your arms drape over his shoulders. "I'm sorry it didn't go as planned this weekend" you tell Daniel as he carries you to your shared bedroom, his smile dims at your words making you wish you didn't mention it. He sighs so you move your hand to his stubbly cheek, "I know that I can do better but this car is so damn difficult" you frown but don't get the chance to reply because your phone chimes in your pocket.

Daniel sets you on your feet and you pull out the device, once you check the notification, you put the phone on the nightstand and focus back on the Aussie. "What was it?" He asks while kicking off his jeans, "nothing" you reply way too quickly not wanting him to know what you were doing before he came home. To your dismay he doesn't miss the rushed response, and easily strides over to your phone, you try to stop him by blocking the way to the device. He outmaneuvers you to no one's surprise and unlocks your phone. You bite your lip as your cheeks heat up in embarrassment, wishing that you swiped away the app that you had open for the past few hours.

"What the..." he mumbles still scrolling on the phone screen, "I was going to accuse you but these are all just of me" he adds and looks up. You puff up your cheeks for a second before letting out a breath, "I swear it's not as weird as you think" you start, he lifts an eyebrow questioning you silently, "I have an album in my camera roll of race pics, I choose one picture from each race weekend and save it to my phone, as a kind of memory holder which some day I might put together in a collage" you explain to your boyfriend sheepishly.

"Well now I need to see which ones you chose so far" Daniel says before sitting on the bed only clad in his underwear, you bite your lip and get comfy next to the dark haired Aussie your hand curled around his arm while leaning into him. You watch him go to your camera roll, finding the right album quickly before going through the photos of his race looks over the past few years. "It's like a time capsule" he says while smiling, you enjoy the way his face lights up after the defeat radiating off of him minutes earlier, "I guess it kind of is" you reply and press a gentle kiss to his shoulder, he looks over at you and his hand finds yours. "I think we need to add a contender to this weekend's race photo" you smile, "oh yeah?" he nods and lifts your phone in front of you two. The front facing camera is on so you just see yourself curled up against the Aussie, "cheeeeese Y/N!" he exclaims while grinning and tugging you impossibly closer, his finger taping the screen to capture the moment. "That's a keeper" you giggle as he sends the selfie to himself before putting the device back on the nightstand, "you're a keeper" he nods and you hit his chest, "stop that Dan" he chuckles and lifts your intertwined hands to kiss your knuckles softly.

"Thank you" he tells you quietly, "for what?" you reply confused, "for supporting me even though I'm not anywhere near winning" you lean in to kiss the spot over his heart, "always, no matter what" he tugs you to lay down completely, your hand resting lightly on his chest. "You know that it goes both ways right?" he adds, you smile, "yeah I know" you reply, he looks at you happily, "good" you press one last kiss to his chest before he turns of the lamp nearby, the room disappearing in the dark of night your mind focusing on Dan's steady heartbeat which lulls you to sleep. Thinking about the fact that you managed to divulge the least possible information about the photos that you'll be using for his 200th race gift that you plan on giving him in a few weeks times.