Enchanté (5) - Daniel Ricciardo

The weekend of excitement goes by quicker than you expect, all the action finishing with Daniel placing in the top 5. You share in his happiness all of Sunday night and early into Monday not wanting to think about going back to LA where you might be stuck for the rest of his F1 season. Getting some sleep before you have to get up for your flight doesn't seem to register with your mind as you stare at the ceiling helplessly. You turn your head towards a sleeping Daniel, smiling at his calm expression before turning on your side so that you can move closer to his warm body hoping that it will help you fall asleep for at least a few hours.

••••

You spin towards Daniel as the two of you stop right before security in the airport. "I had so much fun this weekend" you say with a smile, "me too Y/N, I can't wait to bring you to more races" he replies while squeezing your hands. You lower your head a quiet sigh leaving your lips, "okay talk to me gorgeous, I've been letting it slide all weekend" you look up, "I don't think I can come to any more races Daniel" he frowns and cradles your face with both of his hands, "what are you talking about?" you put your hands over his gently, "the jobs that I have aren't permanent, I can't keep taking whole weekends off, at least not until I have something more stable" he presses a gentle kiss to your lips in response, making your body tingle like every other time that he kisses you. When he pulls away he moves his hands down to your hips, "I understand Y/N, I'll try to make it to LA whenever I can" you smile and press a kiss to his cheek, "I can't wait, I'll see you later handsome" he chuckles and you step out of his grasp turning towards security to get onto your flight in time.

Landing at LAX brings immediate relief as you step out into the sunshine a smile coming to your face. Before you can enjoy it too much your phone, which reconnects to service, starts going off like crazy, you nearly jump at the sounds. Your eyes widen when you see missed calls and new voicemails, which never happens, so you grab your bag and flag down at taxi to get back to your apartment. While sitting in the backseat of the taxi with your mask on you check the voicemail, nearly squealing when it's from the company you interviewed at before your abrupt trip to Belgium for the race. The driver must think you're crazy but doesn't say anything as you scramble out of the vehicle a couple of minutes later, paying the fare and hoisting your bag over your shoulder.

"I GOT THE JOB!" you yell when you walk into the apartment, your roommate slides into the room with a grin, "REALLY?!?" she asks happily, you nod and she runs over to bring you into a hug. "They must've called when I was away because they left a message which I listened to in the taxi on the way here" she brings you into another tight hug, "I knew you would get it Y/N, I had no doubts" you sigh and step away from her, "it feels easier to breath now" she laughs and you drop your things before sliding out of your shoes. "OMG wait, how was your weekend with Daniel?" you smile, "it was really great, what he does is pretty exhilarating, I can see why people are hooked on the sport" she wiggles her eyebrows, "the sport is not the only thing you're hooked on" you shove her, "shudup" she winks and walks out of the room, "you know i'm right" she yells.

You roll your eyes as you lug your bag to your bedroom, when you put it down on the bed you gasp realizing something important so you take your phone and dial the Aussie's number. "Hello?" the familiar accent asks making you grin, "you'll never believe what happened when I got to LA" you exclaim, "well out with it Y/N" you giggle at his eager tone, "I had an interview for my dream job before I went to Belgium and they left a message on my phone saying that I got it!" he lets out a shout making you laugh and move the phone away from your ear slightly at the volume, "I'm so happy for you gorgeous, I wish we could've found out when we were together" you smile and lay back on your bed, "me too, but we can celebrate next time" he sighs which makes you bite your lip to keep your surprise a secret for the time being.

••••

You knock on the apartment door in front of you a grin on your face. When it swings open a couple of seconds later you throw your arms up, "ENCHANTÉ Danny" you exclaim seeing the utter shock on the Aussie's face. "What are you- when did-" you giggle at his lack of complete sentences, "Michael is truly a spectacular resource, not only for mega workout plans but also for finding out where you are most of the time" he shuts his mouth and pulls you into a hug, instantly lifting you into his arms in one effortless movement. You wind your legs around him while smiling into his shoulder. "There's one thing I forgot to tell you about my new job" he lifts his head to see your face, "oh no" you shake your head and place a hand against his scruffy cheek, "it's based here in Monaco" a smile comes to his face, "this isn't a prank?" you shake your head again, "no it's very real" he carries you further into his apartment and places you on the kitchen counter, where he puts his hands on either side of you. "Does this mean you'll come to my races?" he asks with hope in his voice, "hmm I'll have to think about it" you reply in a teasing manner, he pinches your side making you yelp, "yes I'll be able to come to more races you dork" he grins and puts his hands on either side of your face before lowering his head to kiss you.

The two of you pull back for air a couple of seconds later, and Daniel rests his forehead against yours. "The best surprise ever Y/N" he murmurs while tracing your bottom lip with his thumb, "you said you wanted to celebrate with me so I just made it a tad bit easier from now on" you reply while weaving your fingers into his curls. He chuckles at your statement and brings you back in for a kiss, "wait" he says and pulls away, leaving you confused, "where are you going to live?" he adds, you smile and softly kiss him once, "found a place to rent just up the street" he hums and kisses you again. "You know you'll be here most of the time you might as well just move in" he says when he pulls away, "that's bold of you Daniel, you've never lived with me, I might be a complete mess of a person" he shrugs and hoists you off the counter making you tighten you hold around him. "If it means saving you money and seeing you more often I'll take that chance" he kisses you again before you can reply.

His proposal to move in doesn't hit you fully until you're laying next to him in bed. Your fingers playing with the thin gold chains around his neck while the sheets cover your entangled bodies. "I'm going to move in with you" you say breaking the silence that has developed, Daniel smiles while looking down at you, "yeah?" you nod while looking up at the Aussie, "it's crazy of us to move in so quickly but everything about being with you feels right" he kisses your head and interlaces your fingers with his, "there are no rules Y/N, we can do whatever we want" you smile and rest your head on his chest. "Enchanté" you murmur while splaying a hand above his heart, "Enchanté gorgeous" he replies while gently moving his fingers along your skin.

In that moment you feel like everything is right in your life, the new job, a caring boyfriend, friends that love you and the list seems to go on as you reflect on the crazy past month of your life with Daniel and how other aspects on your life seemed to click together after so many years of uncertainty and lack of success. Daniel holds you close the only sound is the rain falling against the bedroom window, which is all that is needed to make you fall asleep with the potential of an amazing future ahead.