Les Étoiles - Pierre Gasly

Your childhood best friend was the one who set you up with Pierre, she was convinced that you were perfect for each other. You played along with her fantasy and agreed to go on a date with the Frenchman, who she knows because her boyfriend is friends with him.

The night of the date she helps you get ready, leaving a huge mess in your wake not having any time to clean it before there's a knock on your shared apartment door. Your best friend pushes you out of your bedroom saying that she'll clean the mess while you're gone. You clutch onto your small purse, biting your lip as you approach the entryway, your converse clad feet the only noise in the space. After taking a deep breath you open the front door, the man standing there smiles at you nervously, your eyes take in his formal attire before looking down at your own outfit, zeroing in on your casual shoes. "I should change into nicer shoes" you mumble but before you can spin around a hand goes to your arm making you look up in surprise, "I think they're perfect" Pierre says, making you blush, the smile on his face growing slightly. When you hear a clatter coming from the direction of your room he looks over your shoulder in concern, "what was that?" you remember what your best friend is doing but you hold back a reaction, "don't worry about it, it's just Y/BF/N" he relaxes and lets out a chuckle, "makes sense" you laugh and he moves his hand down to your free one the gesture making your heart skip while smiling. "Lets go, we don't want to be late" you nod and he tugs you out of the apartment.

••••

You might have fell for Pierre that first date, the way you became inseparable most likely drove your friends crazy. You were thankful that the Frenchman had a few months off where you could see him often and grow closer to him before he went off to race during most weekends. The hugs you gave him lasted longer after every date knowing that he's going to be leaving for a few months.

A few nights before Pierre needed to leave the two of you decided to have one last date. The decision made was to keep the date simple and relaxed, meaning shorts and t-shirts and hopping into his car with no real destination in mind. You made him stop when you could see water, he parked the car and the two of you walked out onto the small patch of sand. Your shoes came off quickly as you sank your toes into the granules, a smile came to your face while Pierre laced your fingers together.

After a few steps you pulled the Frenchman down to the ground to sit, you made yourself comfy between his legs while you leaned back against his chest. He kissed your shoulder softly before the two of you fell into a calm silence and watched the sun set before a vast array of stars dotted the night sky above you. "When I'm away remember these stars, they're not always in the same place but they'll always be there" you smiled at Pierre's words, your emotions having come forward all at once, "I love you" is what you said in response, your body tensed up immediately not having planned to tell him how you felt. You sat up from where you were leaning and rotated slightly to see his expression, which held a huge smile and made whatever doubts you had disappear. "I love you Y/N, have for awhile" he murmured before he dropped a loving kiss to your lips while his hand cradled your face. That night was everything you could've asked for before he had to leave for training, your feelings brought out into the open for the first time, and his words about the stars stayed on your mind as he left for the airport promising to call as soon as he could.

••••

"Tu vois les étoiles? Les petites pièces d'art?" (Do you see the stars? The small pieces of art?) you look out the window of your apartment, while holding your phone to your ear, "oui, ils sont magnifiques" (yes, they're amazing). Pierre sighs and you hear him shuffle, "j'ai hâte de the voir bientôt" (I can't wait to see you soon) you smile even though he can't see you and the way tears start to gather in your eyes. "How many hours?" he chuckles, "twelve" you sniffle and hug the pillow you're holding closer, "that's too long" you hear him move again but your eyes stay on the stars outside imagining him doing the same from where he's staying, "I agree Y/N, but I'll be there by your side before you know it" you nod to yourself and look down, your free hand playing with the hem of your t-shirt, "je t'aime" (I love you) you say softly, "je t'aime beaucoup" (I love you so much) the Frenchman replies just as quietly making you smile. "Go to sleep chérie, it's late there" you sigh but know that he's right as you slide off the chair and shuffle to the bedroom, "stay out of trouble P" he chuckles again, "always Y/N, bonne nuit" you say the same to him before hanging up and snuggling into the pillow that he usually uses when sleeping over, letting the comforting scent of his cologne lull you to sleep.

Your best friend gives you free reign over the apartment the next day, going to stay with her boyfriend. You thank her profusely but she waves off your words telling you that she understands how you're feeling after not having seen Pierre for so long. Once she leaves just before 1, you put on some music and take a seat on the couch figuring that you should occupy yourself for the afternoon even though you know it's pointless with your mind focused on the Frenchman's pending arrival.

You don't realize that you dozed off later that afternoon until you're woken by a loud knock on the apartment door. You jump off of the couch and break into a run, sliding across the hardwood to the door. When you swing it open you don't let Pierre say anything as you wrap your arms around him tightly, he chuckles and presses a kiss to your head. You smile while letting his warmth surround you for a few extra seconds, he starts to walk you backwards and into the apartment making you giggle and pull away. "I missed you" he brings his hands to your hips to tug you close again, "je te manquais come le soleil manque la lune" (missed you like the sun misses the moon) you curl your fingers into his coat before going on the balls of your feet to press a gentle kiss to his lips. His hand moves up to your cheek, cradling it as your lips move in sync with his.

When you start to lack oxygen you pull away slowly, your eyes opening to see the man you've fallen for smiling down at you like you're the prettiest girl on the planet. "I'm always going to be here for you chérie" he murmurs while brushing some hair behind your ear, "juste come les étoiles?" (just like the stars?) you reply, he nods and brings one of yours hands up to kiss the back of it softly. You smile and can't help but be thankful that your best friend got you to go on the date with Pierre, not wanting to know what the past few months would've been like without him. It could've been written in the stars beforehand but meeting the Frenchman has you looking up for the first time and seeing something way more spectacular than just a few flickering lights that sit alongside the moon.