Just Friends (2) - Daniel Ricciardo

A/N my stupid fingers did it again and deleted this part, so here's what I could come up with hoping that it measures up to the original part two, I'm sorry that it's so short

You get to Daniel's apartment building and continuously press the buzzer hoping that he'll let you up. After several attempts with no response you feel stupid so you huff and leave getting back into your car. You tale out your phone to update Michael on the truly horrible situation,

Y/N
Went to his place, no one there, I feel stupid

Michael
Shit! I forgot to tell you that we aren't in town, had a thing to handle, I should've called

Y/N
when do you get back?

Michael
In two days

Y/N
Noted

You put the phone down and sigh while leaning back into your seat. The dread you feel disappears slightly at the fact that he isn't ignoring you, just out of town for racing business. After a few seconds you start the car and go to work needing to keep yourself occupied while you wait for Daniel and Michael to get back.

••••

What feels like ages later but is actually only two days later Michael texts you that they're back in Monte Carlo. You drop the paintbrush you were holding, not caring that it might wreck your painting. You slide on some flip flops and grab your keys leaving your apartment needing to get everything out in the open with Daniel. The drive to his place seems to take longer than usual as you hold onto the steering wheel so tightly that your knuckles turn white.

When you finally get to Daniel's building you curse all of the red lights that you hit on the way. You tighten your ponytail one last time before stepping out of the car. A smile comes to your face when you walk up to the familiar building, you buzz the Australian's apartment feeling relieved when he actually answers, he lets you up shortly after. Your fingers tangle together as you walk closer to his unit, biting your lip nervously as your thoughts spiral to the worst case scenario. Once you're standing in front of his door trying to gather the courage to knock it hits you how real this is, and what you're about to tell the man that you've had feelings for way longer that you'd like to admit. The door suddenly swings open making you jump, "I could hear you thinking Y/N" he tells you jokingly, "no you couldn't" you murmur making him laugh before he pulls you into the apartment.

Before you can talk yourself out of it you look up at Daniel with determination, "we need to talk" his eyes widen at your statement. "Y/N are you breaking up with me?" He says with a chuckle, you lift an eyebrow at him, "why would I do that when we aren't even together?" you say sassily while bringing your hands to your hips. The smile slips from his face when he realizes you're being serious, "god Dan I fucking love you but this just friends thing isn't what I want" you say while throwing your hands up in frustration. "You love me?" he asks in surprise, "is that all you heard?" he shakes his head and pulls you close, "no I hear everything you say, always" he exclaims while lowering his forehead to touch yours while his hand rests at the back of your head.

"It's so hard to trust you when you never stay around in the morning" you add, to try and make your point clear, "I never wanted to hurt you Y/N, I just didn't want to rush you into something that you potentially didn't want" you laugh a smile coming to your face. "All I ever wanted was you, super crazy lifestyle and everything tied to it" you exclaim, "we'll shit, we're idiots aren't we?" you giggle as your hand moves up to cradle his cheek. "I love you too by the way" he says making your heart flutter while peering into his dark eyes, "let's be idiots together then" he smiles and presses his lips to yours. You feel at peace with your feelings out in the open with the Australian who has stolen your heart for the long haul.